Communication Sciences and Disorders Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the Speech Language Hearing Sciences and Communication Disorders MERLOT portal. Here you will find links to a repository of peer-reviewed, online resources for teaching and learning. By joining MERLOT (at no cost!), you will become part of a growing community of educators, scientists, clinical supervisors and clinicians who are using a variety of web-based materials and resources, submitting their own modules and resources to share with the community, developing new ideas to help you teach in your classroom and/or online as well as to provide learning materials you can share with students to enhance independent content learning.
The ASHA Convention is the premier annual professional education event for speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists. Bringing together more than 12,000 attendees, the Annual Convention provides unparalleled opportunities to hear the latest research and gain new skills and resources to advance your career.
Self-display, body image, and social media.
This article supports the theories of body dissatisfaction and the effects from social media.
How To Delete POF account?
POF (Plenty Of Fish) is one of the most popular online dating services available, but regardless of how famous it's , it...
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Compliance Guideline
The EU General Data Protection Regulation went into effect on May 25, 2018, replacing the Data Protection Directive...
ORCID: Connecting Research & Researchers
ORCID provides a "persistent identifier" (an ORCID) that you own and control, and that distinguishes you from every other...
COMM101: Public Speaking
This course systematically examines the elements of an effective speech. The course textbook and lectures go through an...
Get The Research: Open Access Research Search Engine/Tool for General Public
Get The Research is an Open Access Research Search Engine/Tool designed for the general public to make it easier to find,...
Research Organization Registry
The Research Organization Registry (ROR) is a community-led project to develop an open, sustainable, usable, and unique...
5.1a Argument Structures - Demonstrating Critical Thinking | Coursera
Learn online and earn valuable credentials from top universities like Yale, Michigan, Stanford, and leading companies...
Fostering Research Integrity: The Hong Kong Manifesto for Assessing Researchers
The Hong Kong Manifesto for Assessing Researchers: Fostering Research Integrity (22nd May 2019 version/6th World...
MoMo - Moving MOOC: Science 2.0 & Open Research Methods
Starting Nov 12, 2018, in the Moving MOOC (MOMO), young scholars and early career researchers (ECR) will learn to use...
CRediT : Open Research Scholarly Outputs Assessment Tool
CRedit (Contributor Roles Taxonomy) is high-level taxonomy including 14 roles, that can be used to represent the roles...
Introduction to Communication Disorders
The material described here include information relative to undergraduate students in pursuit of a bachelor's degree in...
TEDxBrussels: Open Science can save the planet
Frontiers’ CEO, Kamila Markram, makes a case at TEDxBrussels for why open science is the key to innovation, economic...
Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST)
The Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST) is a collaborative effort by like-minded individuals and organizations...
Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices
The Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices is designed for faculty, students, and researchers who want to better...
Open Science Training Handbook (ver 1)
The Open Science Training Handbook (ver. 1) is intended for anyone who wishes to host Open Science training events or...
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide is a practical reference/development tool for individuals...
Metrics-Toolkit.org | Helping you use metrics responsibly
The Metrics Toolkit provides evidence-based information about research metrics across disciplines, including how each...
Dimensions.ai: Open Access Research Repository
Digital Science Dimensions (DS Dimensions) is a linked research knowledge system that makes it easy to find and analyze...
Open Research Glossary
The Open Research Glossary is designed as a reference resource to inform people about the culture of "Open Scholarship."...
Rightsback.org: "Returning Authors' Rights" Termination of Transfer Tool
The Author's Alliance and Creative Commons have created the "Termination of Transfer" (ToT) tool that helps authors...
Open Science Framework (OSF)
As a free and open source Open Science/Open Research development tool, the Open Science Framework (OSF) allows for the...
European Union (EU) Bookshop: All EU publications You are looking for!
EU Bookshop is an online bookshop, library, and archive of publications dating back to 1952. It contains 110,000 titles...
Figshare: Making Open Research Discoverable
Figshare is a repository where users can make all of their research outputs available in a citable, shareable and...
Tomás MosqueiraUniversidad del Desarrollo
Patrícia CandeiasFundação Portuguesa das Comunicações
Danica BillingslyNorthern Illinois University
Jennifer HatfieldIndiana University System - Indiana University-South Bend
Lesley ManciniDelta State University
Louise WrensfordUniversity System of Georgia - Albany State University
Celeste DomschTexas State University-San Marcos
Sharon Beaumont-BowmanCity University of New York System - Brooklyn College
Shelley VellemanUniversity of Vermont
John ChaplinGlobal Techno
Alexandra BasilakosUniversity of South Carolina System - Columbia
Sami MorenoAlamo Community/Technical College District - Northwest Vista College
Anusha SundarrajanSan Francisco State University
Kristen IpsonRocky Mountain University of Health Professions
Decemna TangCalifornia State University, San Marcos
usatech blogusa tech blog
- Academy of Neurological Communication Disorders and Sciences
- Academy of Rehabilitative Audiology
- Alzheimer's Association
- American Academy of Audiology
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Brain & Behavior Research Foundation
- Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Dysphagia Research Society
- International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- International Phonetics Association
- Educational Audiology Association
- International Society for Autism Research
- International Stuttering Association
- Multilingual Children's Association
- National Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders: Directory of Organizations by Subject
- Society for Research in Child Development
- The Voice Foundation
Journals & Publications
- ASHA Journal Publications
- Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal
- Journal of Speech Pathology & Therapy
- Reading and Writing
- Ear and Hearing
- Brain and Language
- International Journal of Audiology
- Journal of Phonetics
- Journal of the American Academy of Audiology
- AAC: Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Topics in Language Disorders
- Annals of Dyslexia
- Trends in Hearing
- Language and Speech
- Journal of Fluency Disorders
- Journal of Voice
- Child Language Teaching and Therapy
- Journal of Communication Disorders
- Hearing Journal
- Seminars in Hearing
- Communication Disorders Quarterly
- Canadian Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Hearing, Balance, and Communication
Communication Sciences & Disorders on the Web
Belfast mum whose son has autism creates app to help kids with special educational needs
Jul 11, 2020 09:18 AM PDT
Focus on Abilities Not Disabilities
Jul 11, 2020 08:11 AM PDT
Health and wellness happenings
Jul 11, 2020 07:37 AM PDT
Bolivar woman sues parks over mask policy
Jul 11, 2020 06:52 AM PDT
Beethoven lost his hearing due to a virus, not ravages of syphilis
Jul 11, 2020 06:44 AM PDT
'His vision of paradise': Will Callaghan and the Mansfield farm with $24m plans
Jul 11, 2020 06:30 AM PDT
Neurodiversity And Intersectionality: Whitney Iles Shares On Exclusion In Autism Recruitment
Jul 11, 2020 06:07 AM PDT
Traumatic Brain Injuries Treatment Market (COVID – 19 Updated) Climbs on Positive Outlook of ...
Jul 11, 2020 05:45 AM PDT
Ras Adiba: Sign language as third language towards disability-friendly country
Jul 11, 2020 04:37 AM PDT
Geoff could hardly stand after catching Covid-19 and suffering a stroke
Jul 11, 2020 04:03 AM PDT
Sky Rocketing Growth in Traumatic Brain Injury Therapeutics Market to Gain Excessive Revenues ...
Jul 11, 2020 04:02 AM PDT
Masks complicate communication for deaf and hard of hearing community
Jul 11, 2020 03:41 AM PDT
Sign language as third language towards a disability-friendly Malaysia, says wheelchair-bound ...
Jul 11, 2020 02:45 AM PDT
George, 98, takes up sign language to 'talk' to care home staff in facemasks
Jul 11, 2020 01:37 AM PDT
Speech Therapy Services Market Outlook and Opportunities Analysis by 2026 | Futuristic Reports
Jul 10, 2020 09:18 PM PDT
Will Callaghan enjoys life after rescue
Jul 10, 2020 07:48 PM PDT
Parents of Children With Special Needs Struggle Amid Pandemic
Jul 10, 2020 07:26 PM PDT
Communication on Twitter
- We have been conducting state advocacy webinars featuring @autismvotes to update state communities on public policy… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | autismspeaks
- NEW DATE: Free eAudiology Live Seminar July 14 at 11:00 am ET: Efficiency in Pediatric Evaluation… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | AcademyofAuD
- "Autism Speaks was one of those amazing resources that we were able to find...its truly that navigation system. Its… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4 hours ago | autismspeaks
- RT @better_hearing: Treating #hearingloss with hearing aids means both big-picture improvements and positive changes in day-to-day activiti…
- RT @HearingReview: #Deaf and hard of hearing community raises concerns about #Duluth proposed mask ordinance buff.ly/3fghRya #facem…
- RT @HearingJournal: Audiologic, Cognitive Manifestations in Inflammatory Rheumatic Disease ow.ly/F95Y50A2hjJ #tbt #hearingloss #arthr…
- Now Hiring: Seattle Children's 4th Year Externship | Seattle Children's Hospital: Seattle, WA | joburl.ws/13719487 #jobs21 hours ago | AcademyofAuD
- "Having a person with autism playing a role like Louie 'really brings an authenticity to the character...It feels t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 day ago | autismspeaks
- Attention Georgia autism community!
Click for info on recent state budget cuts and advocacy work in Georgia.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 day ago | autismspeaks
- Now Hiring: Clinical Audiologist | Ear, Nose & Throat Center of New Jersey: NUTLEY, New Jersey | joburl.ws/13719257 #jobs1 day ago | AcademyofAuD