Communication Sciences and Disorders Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the Speech Language Hearing Sciences and Communication Disorders MERLOT portal. Here you will find links to a repository of peer-reviewed, online resources for teaching and learning. By joining MERLOT (at no cost!), you will become part of a growing community of educators, scientists, clinical supervisors and clinicians who are using a variety of web-based materials and resources, submitting their own modules and resources to share with the community, developing new ideas to help you teach in your classroom and/or online as well as to provide learning materials you can share with students to enhance independent content learning.
The ASHA Convention is the premier annual professional education event for speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists. Bringing together more than 12,000 attendees, the Annual Convention provides unparalleled opportunities to hear the latest research and gain new skills and resources to advance your career.
MoMo - Moving MOOC: Science 2.0 & Open Research Methods
Starting Nov 12, 2018, in the Moving MOOC (MOMO), young scholars and early career researchers (ECR) will learn to use...
CRediT : Open Research Scholarly Outputs Assessment Tool
CRedit (Contributor Roles Taxonomy) is high-level taxonomy including 14 roles, that can be used to represent the roles...
Introduction to Communication Disorders
The material described here include information relative to undergraduate students in pursuit of a bachelor's degree in...
TEDxBrussels: Open Science can save the planet
Frontiers’ CEO, Kamila Markram, makes a case at TEDxBrussels for why open science is the key to innovation, economic...
Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST)
The Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST) is a collaborative effort by like-minded individuals and organizations...
Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices
The Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices is designed for faculty, students, and researchers who want to better...
Open Science Training Handbook (ver 1)
The Open Science Training Handbook (ver. 1) is intended for anyone who wishes to host Open Science training events or...
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide is a practical reference/development tool for...
Virtual Reality And It's Potential For Europe
Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) are technologies which have the potential to transform the way we work,...
Metrics-Toolkit.org | Helping you use metrics responsibly
The Metrics Toolkit provides evidence-based information about research metrics across disciplines, including how each...
Dimensions.ai: Open Access Research Repository
Digital Science Dimensions (DS Dimensions) is a linked research knowledge system that makes it easy to find and analyze...
Open Research Glossary
The Open Research Glossary is designed as a reference resource to inform people about the culture of "Open Scholarship."...
Rightsback.org: "Returning Authors' Rights" Termination of Transfer Tool
The Author's Alliance and Creative Commons have created the "Termination of Transfer" (ToT) tool that helps authors...
Open Science Framework (OSF)
As a free and open source Open Science/Open Research development tool, the Open Science Framework (OSF) allows for the...
European Union (EU) Bookshop: All EU publications You are looking for!
EU Bookshop is an online bookshop, library, and archive of publications dating back to 1952. It contains 110,000 titles...
Figshare: Making Open Research Discoverable
Figshare is a repository where users can make all of their research outputs available in a citable, shareable and...
Preprints.org: The Multidisciplinary Preprint Platform
Preprints.org is a platform dedicated to making early versions of research inputs available, including original research...
Google Expeditions App for Android
Google Expeditions enable teachers to bring students on virtual reality field trips (200+ expeditions) to places like...
Supporting Deaf And Hard Of Hearing Students
Students with a hearing disability have a number of assistive tools at their disposal. Some assistive technology, such as...
ASU's Education Through Exploration: Course Redesign for Next Generation Science Courseware
Arizona State University's Center for Education Through Exploration (ETX) has received a $10.8 million grant from NASA's...
CORE: Open Access Public-University Research Library (Repository)
CORE (COnnecting REpositories) is an Open Access Internet Public Library (OA-IPL/Open Journal System) for research whose...
ICT in Communication Sciences and Disorders Education
This collection of resources focuses on ICT literacy for education in communication sciences and disorders. It includes...
BrainFacts.org is an authoritative source of information about the brain and nervous system for the public. The site is a...
Avatalker AAC App for iPad
'Introducing Avatalker® AAC: You've never seen anything like this! Avatalker® AAC is a robust, full-featured...
Decemna TangCalifornia State University, San Marcos
usatech blogusa tech blog
Wendy ChaseRocky Mountain University of Health Professions
Denise WolfeUniversity of Nebraska System - Kearney
Karen BallCity University of New York System - Queens College
Kate DunckleyRush University
Bonnie SlavychUniversity of Central Missouri
Luis Eduardo Clavijo Usecheluclavijo
Danielle MossJames Madison University
Marissa ValdezQuirino State University
Shelley LundUniversity of Wisconsin System - Milwaukee
Matthew BakkeGallaudet University
Melissa BentonWebster University
Mimi PalmerAmerican Business & Technology University
Linda FrielTrinity Christian College
- Academy of Neurological Communication Disorders and Sciences
- Academy of Rehabilitative Audiology
- Alzheimer's Association
- American Academy of Audiology
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Brain & Behavior Research Foundation
- Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Dysphagia Research Society
- International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- International Phonetics Association
- Educational Audiology Association
- International Society for Autism Research
- International Stuttering Association
- Multilingual Children's Association
- National Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders: Directory of Organizations by Subject
- Society for Research in Child Development
- The Voice Foundation
Journals & Publications
- ASHA Journal Publications
- Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal
- Journal of Speech Pathology & Therapy
- Reading and Writing
- Ear and Hearing
- Brain and Language
- International Journal of Audiology
- Journal of Phonetics
- Journal of the American Academy of Audiology
- AAC: Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Topics in Language Disorders
- Annals of Dyslexia
- Trends in Hearing
- Language and Speech
- Journal of Fluency Disorders
- Journal of Voice
- Child Language Teaching and Therapy
- Journal of Communication Disorders
- Hearing Journal
- Seminars in Hearing
- Communication Disorders Quarterly
- Canadian Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Hearing, Balance, and Communication
Communication Sciences & Disorders on the Web
My Daughter on the Autism Spectrum Just Wants to Be Like Other Kids
Jun 17, 2019 05:00 PM PDT
The social ecology of aggression in youths with autism spectrum disorder
Jun 17, 2019 04:17 PM PDT
Long Island family fights back after son with autism is suspended for leaving school building
Jun 17, 2019 04:15 PM PDT
'Disrespectful' superlative award angers mother of student with autism
Jun 17, 2019 04:05 PM PDT
To Special Education Teachers, From a Student With Autism
Jun 17, 2019 04:03 PM PDT
Mom says son with autism was suspended after wandering away from school undetected
Jun 17, 2019 02:45 PM PDT
Parents Faulting Long Island School District After Child With Autism Disappears From School
Jun 17, 2019 02:18 PM PDT
On Autism Pride Day, a way to change lives year-round
Jun 17, 2019 02:11 PM PDT
Arts for Autism Benefit Announces Full Lineup of Stars; Betsy Wolfe, Jelani Remy, and More
Jun 17, 2019 02:00 PM PDT
A Kelowna medical research company needs adults with autism spectrum disorder for a study
Jun 17, 2019 01:26 PM PDT
Circulogene working on traumatic brain injury project with DOD grant
Jun 17, 2019 12:52 PM PDT
Q BioMed Using MicroRNA Biomarkers to Guide Therapy Development in Subset of Autism Patients
Jun 17, 2019 12:43 PM PDT
Disturbing trend: Autism incidence on the rise
Jun 17, 2019 12:30 PM PDT
Suffolk mom says school punished son with autism for leaving building
Jun 17, 2019 12:18 PM PDT
Autism treatment centre hands out 291 staff notices amid changes to Ontario autism services
Jun 17, 2019 11:51 AM PDT
Nearly 300 employees at GTA autism treatment facility given layoff notices
Jun 17, 2019 11:45 AM PDT
Communication on Twitter
- RT @AuDLeadership: Academy contributes to story on legislation pending in states to mandate HA coverage for children. Good Morning America…7 hours ago | AcademyofAuD
- Now Hiring: Audiologist | Johnson Audiology: Chattanooga | joburl.ws/12469328 #jobs7 hours ago | AcademyofAuD
- "...Summer breaks provide time off from the rapid pace of the school year; however, the lack of a weekly schedule,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @SenThomTillis: This week, I met with @autismspeaks President and CEO, Angela Geiger, and her team to discuss my support for the #Autism…
- RT @autismspeaksbos: We are excited to announce that we are partnering with Bike to the Beach this year as their 2019 national beneficiary.…
- RT @NickGregoryFox5: Getting ready for a great day of golf but more importantly honored again to have the opportunity to help raise some mo…
- RT @RepChrisCollins: Recently I met with Katie from @autismspeaks Canandaigua to discuss H.R. 1058, Autism CARES Act of 2019, which I am no…
- RT @WPBF_Britley: Summer camp is in session! 🧩 we overcame challenges today and prepared volcanoes for future eruption.
I adore these ki…
- RT @MissRichmond7: 6.8 @CharityMiles for @autismspeaks. #summerwarriorchallenge #fueledbyarbonne https://t.co/Dzou0pJfLD, photo: pic.twitter.com/Dzou0pJfLD
- Review the resources and information below to help you develop a multifaceted safety plan which includes wandering… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…11 hours ago | autismspeaks