Criminal Justice Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Criminal Justice Portal, an educational resource for teaching and learning. Use this portal to discover online learning materials, MERLOT members, journals, professional organizations, and news in your discipline.
You are also invited to join MERLOT – it's free! As a member, you can contribute to this growing community of instructors and students by using and rating the learning materials you find, submitting online learning materials for evaluation that you have created or that you have used.
MERLOT prides itself on the peer reviews of material in our collection. As a member you can become a peer reviewer. The peer review process for evaluating the teaching and learning resources in MERLOT follows a standard model and is led by Editors and editorial boards. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Peer Review Information page.
Paul Bowdre, Editor - Criminal Justice Editorial Board
This is a game based on a TV show "The First 48". The true life show follows detectives from the first call to a murder scene through the first 48 hours. This game allows the user to examine finger prints, process a crime scene, and interview suspects and family among other things.
N. Marteache - CJUS 470 - Environmental Crime Prevention Faculty e-Portfolio for California State University, San Bernardino
This textbook is being utilized in a Criminal Justice course for undergraduate students by Nerea Marteache, Ph.D. at...
Introduction to the American Criminal Justice System
There is a dearth of OER textbooks in Criminology and Criminal Justice, which made creating this textbook all the more...
Introduction to Criminal Investigation: Processes, Practices and Thinking
Introduction to Criminal Investigation, Processes, Practices, and Thinking, as the title suggests, is a teaching text...
Criminal Law begins with the foundations of law and the legal system and then extensively explores criminal laws and...
OEWeek 2019 CCCOER Faculty Dialogues: Admin of Justice
to celebrate Open Education Week, CCCOER held a 45-minute webinar where faculty in a specific discipline will discuss the...
Criminal Justice Degree and Career Guide
Criminal Justice is all about providing particular criminal justice degree, schooling, career ifnormation. You can lear,...
Principles and Procedures of the Justice System
This is a comprehensive overview of the legal procedures and constitutional requirements followed by law enforcement, the...
The Open Data Barometer
The Open Data Barometer (ODB) is a global measure of how government and publishing are using Open Data for...
Bibliography on the Social Aspects of Terrorism
This bibliography contains journal articles, book chapters, books, edited volumes, theses, grey literature,...
Bibliography of Terrorism Research Literature (Part 1)
This bibliography is the first in a series that contains journal articles, book chapters, books, edited volumes, theses,...
Bibliography on Terrorism Research Literature (Part 2)
This bibliography is the second in a series that contains journal articles, book chapters, books, edited volumes, theses,...
Bibliography of Terrorism Research Literature (Part 3)
This bibliography is the third in a series that contains journal articles, book chapters, books, edited volumes, theses,...
Collaborating Against Child Abuse | SpringerLink
This edited collection explores the background and implementation of the Nordic Barnahus (or 'Children's House') model –...
TEDxBrussels: Open Science can save the planet
Frontiers’ CEO, Kamila Markram, makes a case at TEDxBrussels for why open science is the key to innovation, economic...
Fundamentals of Personal Finance: A Guide for Helping Professionals
Fundamentals of Personal Finance: A Guide for Helping Professionals This is my OER guide to very basic concepts of...
Societal Implications of Community-Oriented Policing and Technology | SpringerLink
Part of the SpringerBriefs in Criminology book series (BRIEFSCRIMINOL) Also part of the SpringerBriefs in Policing book...
White-Collar Crime in the Shadow Economy | SpringerLink
This open access book examines the magnitude, causes of, and reactions to white-collar crime, based on the theories and...
Beyond Safety Training | SpringerLink
This book investigates why, despite more and more resources devoted to safety training, expectations are not entirely...
Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST)
The Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST) is a collaborative effort by like-minded individuals and organizations...
Community-Oriented Policing and Technological Innovations | SpringerLink
This book is open access under a CC BY 4.0 license.
Radicalisation: A Subtype of Religious Conversion?
This Research Note addresses Radicalisation: A Subtype of Religious Conversion? by starting with an evaluation Lofland...
Recent Online Resources for the Analysis of Terrorism and Related Subjects
This collection of reference material focuses on recent online resources for the analysis of terrorism and related...
130+ (Counter-) Terrorism Research Centres – an Inventory
In the still expanding field of Terrorism Studies, it is difficult to keep track of who is doing what. Anyone looking for...
N. Marteache - CJUS 590: Special Topics – Wildlife Crime Faculty e-Portfolio for CSU San Bernardino
These open resources are being utilized in a Wildlife Crime course for undergraduate students by Nerea Marteache, Ph.D....
John LanierStanly Community/Technical College
JOHN LANTZWest Virginia Northern Community/Technical College
Lisa HolleranSaint Edward's University
Christina GreenPenn Foster
Diana CulpFrederick Community/Technical College
Paul ClarkMid Ohio Valley Technical Institute
Lynn MillerAlbany Technical College
Jesus AmayaCalifornia State University, Bakersfield
Aileen CalderonCalifornia State University, Bakersfield
Emily BarraganCalifornia State University, Bakersfield
Michael PuckettState University of New York System - College at Oneonta
Laisah LoaisigaCalifornia State University, Bakersfield
Daniel VidalCalifornia State University, Bakersfield
Litzy Karina Sanchez VazquezCalifornia State University, Bakersfield
Carina RomeroCalifornia State University, Bakersfield
Jacqueline CahueCalifornia State University, Bakersfield
Salma PerezCalifornia State University, Bakersfield
noemi vargasCalifornia State University, Bakersfield
Raven BolesLafayette Campus, Lafayette
Courtney MarksSouth Louisiana Community College
Hope TrahanSouth Louisiana Community College
Farah IsmailAsia Pacific Universiry
Kathryn HowardWeber State University
Nicole YeoCharles Sturt University
- Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences
- American Correctional Association
- American Jail Association
- American Probation and Parole Association
- International Association of Chiefs of Police
- International Association for Intelligence Education
- Midwest Criminal Justice Association
- National Criminal Justice Association
- Northeastern Association of Criminal Justice Sciences
- Southern Criminal Justice Association
- Southwestern Association of Criminal Justice
- International Association for Intelligence Education
Journals & Publications
- Applied Psychology in Criminal Justice
- British Journal of Criminology
- Corrections Today
- Evidence Technology Magazine
- FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin
- Federal Probation Journal
- Homeland Security Affairs
- Journal of Criminal Justice
- Journal of Homeland Security Education
- Journal of National Security Law and Policy
- Perspectives on Terrorism
- Police Chief Magazine
- The Open Criminology Journal
- Trends and Issues in Crime and Criminal Justice
Criminal Justice on the Web
Prisons chief: Status quo 'unsustainable'
Oct 19, 2019 02:45 PM PDT
'There is no safe level:' UWM study finds link between childhood lead exposure, firearm violence
Oct 19, 2019 01:37 PM PDT
Judge's View: Justice the goal every time criminals are punished
Oct 19, 2019 01:26 PM PDT
Rape scandal as victims now wait six months longer for justice than 10 years ago
Oct 19, 2019 01:03 PM PDT
'Tainted' DNA clears Queens burglary suspect; he was in New Jersey at the time of the crime
Oct 19, 2019 12:52 PM PDT
Guest Op-Ed: Victim Advocates fill Vital Role
Oct 19, 2019 12:18 PM PDT
Austin's justice activists defy headwinds of criticism to force policy changes
Oct 19, 2019 11:33 AM PDT
Opinion: Biden's criminal justice reform plan would give inmates a second chance
Oct 19, 2019 10:37 AM PDT
First Step Act is working, but the criminal justice system is still broken
Oct 19, 2019 09:07 AM PDT
President Trump's mythical justice system and the whistleblower's disguise
Oct 19, 2019 08:56 AM PDT
Clemency sought for Oklahoma death row inmate in man's death
Oct 19, 2019 08:45 AM PDT
Capitol Watch: Politics decide when bills get to Cuomo desk
Oct 19, 2019 07:48 AM PDT
Call For Papers: One-Day National Seminar On Indian Criminal Justice System In The New ...
Oct 19, 2019 07:26 AM PDT
SF Mayor Breed Orders Inmates Moved From Seismically Unsafe County Jail by 2021
Oct 19, 2019 06:00 AM PDT
Town hall talk to focus on funding for Muslim hate groups
Oct 19, 2019 05:00 AM PDT
It's time for drug policy reform – in America and across the globe
Oct 19, 2019 04:03 AM PDT
State attorney rejects death row inmate's DNA appeal
Oct 19, 2019 03:52 AM PDT
Reynolds takes a welcome step for justice
Oct 19, 2019 02:56 AM PDT
Criminal Justice on Twitter
- A shout out to @calstate for record graduation rates! #gradinitiative2025 buff.ly/2MsQmFK1 day ago | MERLOTorg
- Thanks for attending the 2019 CJS London White Collar Crime Institute. See you next year, October 12-13, 2020!2 days ago | ABACJS
- How Tech Can Engage Students, Simplify the School Day and Save Time for Teachers #EdTech @EdSurge… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 days ago | MERLOTorg
- Preparing Faculty for High-Quality Online Programs @Campus_Tech buff.ly/35EX2rW https://t.co/8Z7xwwT2rk, photo: pic.twitter.com/8Z7xwwT2rk
- Classroom Tech Can Drive Student Engagement - But Schools Need to Choose Wisely #EdTech @EdSurge… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Coursera and Uniandes Announce Software Engineering Master: the First #MOOC-Based Degree Taught in Spanish!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @panopen: California State University's Affordable Learning Solutions partners with panOpen as their newest Featured Partner to Deliver…
- How to Keep Students Organized and Thriving in a Digital Classroom #edtech @EdSurge buff.ly/2MdDkM7 https://t.co/beumJe3iDV, photo: pic.twitter.com/beumJe3iDV
- 200 universities just launched 620+ free online courses #MOOC @classcentral buff.ly/31io18Y https://t.co/XAfS2KWPX4, photo: pic.twitter.com/XAfS2KWPX4
- Need Statistics OER? Check these out! buff.ly/2H21WEX
#OER #FoundInMERLOT #Statistics https://t.co/UWfOGHSJeU, photo: pic.twitter.com/UWfOGHSJeU