Health Sciences Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Health Sciences Portal, an educational resource for health professionals. You are invited to join MERLOT―it's free―and contribute to this growing community of health professionals, health professional educators, and students by using the learning materials, submitting your own modules and assignments for evaluation, and learning ideas to help you learn as well as teach in a variety of settings.
If you have any questions, contact the Editor of the Health Sciences Editorial Board,
Liza Mayeux at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This overview and information is for health care professionals and students to understand and value the upcoming technology and medical advances related to genomics. It can be used in the classroom as a Powerpoint Presentation or assigned to students or health care staff for self-study.
N95 Masks' Efficiency Can Be Restored With Electricity: Smart Masks May Follow
IEEE Spectrum Recharging N95 masks restores filtering ability to like-new levels for reuse—and opens the door for...
Jim Allison: Breakthrough (film) and Educator Toolkit
Educators can use the toolkit as a whole or borrow pieces to meet their unique learning objectives and circumstances. You...
Online Resources for Science Laboratories (POD) - Remote Teaching
Online Resources for Science Laboratories (POD) - Remote Teaching. This is a live document. For many subjects and...
Open Scholarship Knowledge Base
The Open Scholarship Knowledge Base contains resources created, curated, and contributed by the Open Scholarship...
Transitions to Professional Nursing Practice
This text provides a pivotal learning experience for students transitioning from an associ- ate degree education to a...
Open at the Margins: Critical Perspectives on Open Education
Open At The Margins: Critical Perspectives on Open Education is a pertinent book on Open Education, "containing 38...
Major Histocompatibility Complex MHC Protein Structure and Function
Video Tutorial with Quiz & open-ended questions: Major Histocompatibility Complex (MHC) molecular structure and how it...
Exercise Science 335: Kinesiology & Biomechanics
The OER content in this course shell consists of readings, labs, and homework assignments for a 300-level Kinesiology &...
Impact of Doulas on Healthy Birth Outcomes
Birth outcomes of two groups of socially disadvantaged mothers at risk for adverse birth outcomes, one receiving prebirth...
Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses Student Resources
This website is beneficial to those interested in Labor and Delivery, postpartum, antepartum nursing. Student nurses can...
Factile | #1 Jeopardy Review Game | Pediatric Nursing
The #1 Jeopardy-style classroom review game now supports remote learning online. It’s Free, Easy and Loads of fun! Create...
Preeclampsia and Eclampsia
Preeclampsia and Eclampsia - handy infographic.
Acute Otitis Media (Causes, Pathophysiology, signs and symptoms, treatment and complications)
Visual explanation for Acute Otitis Media infection.
RNpedia - Drugs for Pharmacology
Comprehensive and detailed drug studies of the most commonly use drugs in clinical nursing. Make sure to study these...
COVID-19 Response Webinar Series
Link to all past and upcoming webinars regarding COVID-19 responses.
NCLEX Review and Nursing Test Prep
Need to pass the NCLEX? Kaplan Nursing is your source for NCLEX review courses, NCLEX practice tests, and much more....
Be Confident Protecting Yourself and Providing the Best Care to Your Patients during this COVID-19 Pandemic - On Demand
Be Confident Protecting Yourself and Providing the Best Care to Your Patients during this COVID-19 Pandemic - On Demand...
Case Studies in Cardiac Dysfunction After Acute Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
Patients with acute aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) often present with more than just neurological compromise. A...
The Impact of Informatics on Nursing Education: A Review of the Literature
The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing | On the basis of a study by the Institute of Medicine, the current health...
Nursing Mnemonics and Tips
Helpful nursing mnemonics and tips to get you through nursing school! Check out these collection of the best memory aids...
Nursing Made Incredibly Easy
Containing over 50 titles The Made Incredibly Easy, Made Incredibly Quick! and Made Incredibly Visual! books help you...
Teaching and Learning in Nursing | Vol 15, Issue 4, In progress (October 2020) | ScienceDirect.com
Associate degree of nursing learning journal
Teaching Cultural Competence in Nursing and Health Care:... : Nursing Education Perspectives
Teaching cultural competence in a hospital setting.
Drugs.com | Prescription Drug Information, Interactions & Side Effects
Prescription drug information and news for professionals and consumers. Search our drug database for comprehensive...
Kayla AlvaresUniversity of Massachusetts System - Dartmouth
Zrinka Safaric OremusUniversity hospital Dubrava
Emalee CunninghamWest Virginia University
Ruth StewartOuray County Emergency Medical Services
Erin LundeenSt. Bonaventure University
Suzanne SoltysikSaint Bonaventure University
Erika GardinerConestoga College of Applied Arts and Technology
Charis DavidsonMercy College
Pamela Rothpletz-PugliaRutgers University – RBHS
Elizabeth VakikiUniversity of Aspen
Lisa SchickerCuesta College
DONALD RAYMONDChippewa Valley Technical College
Jeanne FreemanDavenport College
Tina PughIndiana University System - Indiana University-East
Jeyanthi Valaithamhigh school
Florence Mwendwakenyatta university
Wanda JohnsonCalifornia State University, Fresno
Jaishri VenkatMiami Dade College
Maka TsulukidzeFlorida Gulf Coast University
Bizuayehu Nigatu Tirfieyanet health college
Materials by Discipline
- Audiology (4)
- Cancer (470)
- Cardiology (203)
- Dentistry (57)
- Dermatology (37)
- Ear, Nose, and Throat (69)
- Endocrinology (98)
- Epidemiology (90)
- Exercise Science (39)
- Gastroenterology (125)
- Genetics and Infectious Disease (250)
- Geriatrics (62)
- Healthcare Administration (51)
- Hematology (91)
- Internal Medicine (71)
- Medical Laboratory Technology (49)
- Mental Health (549)
- Nephrology (101)
- Neurology (327)
- Nursing Education (178)
- Nursing (983)
- Nutrition (176)
- OB and Gyn (244)
- Ophthalmology (42)
- Orthopedics (131)
- Other (269)
- Pathology (37)
- Pediatrics (155)
- Pharmacy (136)
- Preventive Medicine (29)
- Public Health (488)
- Pulmonary Medicine (52)
- Radiology (73)
- Rheumatology (7)
- Sports Medicine (26)
- Surgery (220)
- Therapeutics (35)
- Toxicology (19)
- Veterinary Medicine (34)
Journals & Publications
- The American Nurse
- Nursing Management
- The Nurse Practitioner
- JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association
- Journal of Dental Hygiene
- Journal of the American Dental Association
- Online Journal of Nursing Informatics
- Online Journal of Issues in Nursing
- American Society of Health SystemsPharmacist (ASHP)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy(ACCP)
- American Society of ConsultantPharmacists (ASCP)
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
- PLOS (Public Library of Science)
- Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism
- Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine
- European Journal of Sport Science
- International Journal of Epidemiology
- International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport
- International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism
- International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Journal of Athletic Training
- Journal of Biomechanics
- Journal of International Society of Sports Nutrition
- Journal of Physiology
- Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Journal of Sport Management
- Journal of Sport Rehabilitation
- Journal of Sports Sciences
- Journal of Applied Physiology
Health Sciences on the Web
Public health preparedness master's students take on COVID-19-related projects
Sep 27, 2020 04:15 AM PDT
Single-use Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Devices Market- Roadmap for Recovery from ...
Sep 27, 2020 02:11 AM PDT
Two Sentenced In Scheme To Fraudulently Obtain Licenses For Massage Therapy In Colorado
Sep 27, 2020 01:37 AM PDT
5 Best Massage Therapy in Jacksonville 🥇
Sep 27, 2020 12:41 AM PDT
Talkcircle announces free online therapy and discounted support for MENA residents for October ...
Sep 26, 2020 09:52 PM PDT
EDITORIAL: Public health measures good for business
Sep 26, 2020 08:45 PM PDT
Austin Public Health encourages community to get flu shots
Sep 26, 2020 06:52 PM PDT
Minnesota officials stopped a door-to-door coronavirus survey after public health workers faced ...
Sep 26, 2020 05:56 PM PDT
COVID: Public Health reports 1236 new cases countywide, 28 for SCV
Sep 26, 2020 05:00 PM PDT
Los Angeles County Coronavirus Update: Public Health Confirms 18 New Deaths And 1236 ...
Sep 26, 2020 04:26 PM PDT
Eitzen, Minn., mayor disputes alleged gun incident with public health team
Sep 26, 2020 03:52 PM PDT
Virtual seminar emphasizes leadership among women in public health policy
Sep 26, 2020 02:57 PM PDT
Practicing Consequential Epidemiology: The Work of CDC's Disease Detectives of the Epidemic ...
Sep 26, 2020 02:56 PM PDT
State public health officials monitoring as cases of COVID-19 increase
Sep 26, 2020 02:55 PM PDT
When traditional physical therapy fails — and you still hurt
Sep 26, 2020 01:37 PM PDT
$107000 grant for US war vet's equine therapy program
Sep 26, 2020 12:41 PM PDT
LANL Foundation Career Pathways Scholarship Helped Jennifer Lorgan Become A Physician ...
Sep 26, 2020 12:18 PM PDT
Comprehensive Report on Canine Stem Cell Therapy Market Set to Witness Huge Growth by 2026 ...
Sep 26, 2020 12:18 PM PDT
Jill Duggar opens up about wanting more kids, going to therapy in new video
Sep 26, 2020 10:03 AM PDT
Kern Public Health: 2 additional deaths, 82 positive cases
Sep 26, 2020 09:41 AM PDT
Health Sciences on Twitter
- RT @M_Publichealth: As Their Numbers Grow, #COVID19 “Long Haulers” Stump Experts ja.ma/3j3qhe2 via @JAMA_current part of @JAMANet…11 minutes ago | JAMAInternalMed
- RT @LksAse: As Their Numbers Grow, COVID-19 “Long Haulers” Stump Experts ja.ma/3kJcR7m via @JAMA_current part of @JAMANetwork16 minutes ago | JAMAInternalMed
- RT @cupallcare: Dementia is such a terrible outcome
To prevent/delay 40% what a gift
Not a pill but SDOH
@cupallcare @CUAnschutz Nearly H…21 minutes ago | JAMAInternalMed
- In this week’s Prioritizing Equity YouTube series, join some of Chicago's public health leaders as they share lesso… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…46 minutes ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- Using the Melbourne Collaborative Cohort Study, Swain & colleagues examined the associations of occupation, househo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 hour ago | MSSEonline
- RT @DeannaMarie208: "Physicians have a responsibility as citizens to register and vote in all elections. They also have a responsibility to…
- RT @JAMAInternalMed: ja.ma/3ij1D8G #meded #medtwitter
- RT @JAMANetwork: Dr. Fauci's latest update on the #COVID19 pandemic with @JAMA_current is linked on @Forbes for you to watch. #JAMANetworkO…
- Is transossoeus tunnel repair still the gold standard for patellar tendon repair? A study by @vegascourse demonstra… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 hour ago | AJSM_SportsMed
- Could inhibition of #myostatin signalling be a valid therapeutic strategy for Limb girdle muscular dystrophies? New… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 hour ago | JPhysiol