CRCS-3040 Neonatal Pediatric Respiratory Care- Maternal and Infant Care
A study of the principles, practice, and techniques utilized in the respiratory care management of the newborn and pediatric patient. Topics will include common pathological conditions associated with such patients’.
1. Learn how to assess and manage infants in delievery room and post birth.
2. Learn the stages of birth and assessment of mom before, during and after delievery.
Students are required to complete module all post assessment quizzes and exams.
1. Apgar scoring
2. Newborn Assessment
3. Fetal heart monitoring
1. Discuss embryological and fetal growth
2. Summarize the stages of labor and delivery
3. Evaluate the techniques used in resuscitation and stabilization of the neonatal and pediatric patient
4. Show the necessary steps required for the assessment of the neonatal and pediatric patient
Quizzes/Exams - 50%