I use this in my adult ESL Level 4 course to teach history and expository or informational 5-paragraph essays.
Course: ESL LEVEL 4
Dr. Troy Tenhet Ed.D.
Date Last Modified:
October 14, 2006
1. Preteach a graphic organizer method like the semantic web, outline, or t-chart.
2. Introduce the website and show students how to navigate through the links.
3. Model note taking strategies.
4. Choose the highlights.
5. Write the rough draft.
6. Peer edit among the groups.
7. Publish final drafts.
8. Orally present and open for questions.