I use this in my adult ESL Level 4 course to teach history and expository or informational 5-paragraph essays.
This is for Language Arts and it is specifically a writing assignment.
ESL LEVEL 4
Must be able to write in the English language. Must be able to read English text. Following directions and the ability to peer edit will be helpful here.
To be able to write 5 paragraph expository and informational essays.
Some students may choose to type this so you will need a word processor like Microsoft Word or Appleworks.
Text of Learning Exercise:
1. Preteach a graphic organizer method like the semantic web, outline, or t-chart.
2. Introduce the website and show students how to navigate through the links.
3. Model note taking strategies.
4. Choose the highlights.
5. Write the rough draft.
6. Peer edit among the groups.
7. Publish final drafts.
8. Orally present and open for questions.