What is Creative Commons?
Creative Commons is a non-profit organization that offers free licenses that provide a flexible range of protections and... see more
1. View the Get Creative clip (6 min.) at http://creativecommons.org/videos/get-creative.
2. Review the four basic CC license choices and what each represents at http://creativecommons.org/about/licenses.
3. Then visit http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Firefox_and_CC_Search to see how easy it is to use Firefox to search for material with CC licensing.
4. Using CC search within Firefox, find music free to download and put in a movie. Type the kind of music you desire, choose the Google or Yahoo! tabs, and browse results from across the web.
Example Search: http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CcSearch#Examples
1. Write two or three sentences maximum explaining the differences between Copyright and Creative Commons.
2. List the four basic CC license choices and what each means.
3. Provide the name of your music choice, the URL where you found it, the actual type of CC license for it, and how you would use the music in a movie.