Knowledge of basic website navigation and transition issues
Culminating activity to show the in-depth working knowledge of what is required for a successful transition program
Text of Learning Exercise:
1. Go to the School-to-Work Outreach Project website at http://www.ici.coled.umn.edu/schooltowork
2. Click on Exemplary Profiles.
3. Read through several of the 21 profiles listed.
4. Think about the setting where you work or would like to work.
5. In pairs, devise a school-to-work program outline for the students you serve. Include the following items in your outline: a. Mission and Goals b. Organization and Program Context c. Community Setting to be Served d. Population to be Served e. Model/Practice/Strategy Descriptions f. Exemplary School-to-Work Components g. Potential Staff
6. Present your outline to the class and lead a discussion of its potential effectiveness.