Using Keirsey Temperament Sorter in Career Planning
This assignment utilizes the Keirsey Temperament Sorter in helping students to identify their communication styles. The information is used for a compare and contrast writing assignment based on their career search results.
This assignment is appropriate following activities that identify potential careers based upon interest and values identification surveys. The student needs minimal computer and Web browser skills.
1. To enable students to determine their temperament style. 2. To enable students to determine the fit of career choices with their identified temperament style. 3. To illustrate to students that some career options are best suited to specific temperament styles.
Text of Learning Exercise:
This assignment is will follow an exploration of interests and values, including the identification of career options that meet the students' profiles.
Go the the Keirsey website at www.keirsey.com and complete the Keirsey Temperament Sorter II. This online activity will take approximately 15 minutes. After completing the survey, print your results.
Prepare a 1-2 page, typed report that compares and contrasts the results of the Keirsey Temperament Sorter II with your favorite job search result.
1. How your selected career does or does not fit well with the temperament profile.
2. What adjustments would be required in your temperament style to make this a better fit? Or indicate a strength that your temperament style would bring to the position.
3. Is the temperament profile an acurate portrayal of your personal style?
4. How important is temperament style in the selection of a career to you?