You are now going to MERLOT Help. It will open a new window.
Problem set on the molecules of genetics
A problem set developed by the National Human Genome Research Institute for high school students, but at a level appropriate for non-major biology students
Date Last Modified:
July 14, 2003
See the NHGRI web site
This site was created by NHGRI and questions and comments should be addressed to them and the following address: email@example.com
No categories defined for this Learning Exercise
No audiences defined for this Learning Exercise
1. Students will be able to describe the sequence of discoveries that led to our current understanding of DNA's molecular structure, function, reproduction in the cell and genetic inheritance.
2. Students should be able to give examples of one scientific discovery building on another.
3. Students will be able to relate the real data collected to support a theory.
4. Students will be able to appreciate the cellular mechanisms of repair and reproduction.
5. Students should be able to express verbally how they solved a specific problem and answered the question related to the solution.
This site was created by NHGRI and questions and comments should be addressed to them.