Learning Exercise: Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas.
Brown v. Topeka is one of the most significant Supreme Court Cases in the 20th Century. Fifty years after the decision comes an historical pause for reflection.
Course: United States History
Date Last Modified:
Instructions: Once on the site there are two columns. On the left column click and read the following selections: Introduction and Essays by Cally Waite, Dan Perlstein, Jack Dougherty, Joy Williamson, Tracey Weis, and Bernadette Anand et al. After reading all essays, write a paper of 7-9 pages explaining the meaning of the Supreme Court Case of Linda Brown v. The Board of Eduation of Topeka, Kansas then (1954) and now (2006). Were the objectives of the Brown case fulfilled?
Additional Information: None.
- Humanities / History / Topical / African-American
- Humanities / History / Topical / Education
- Humanities / History / Topical / Legal and Constitutional
- Humanities / History / Topical / Political
- Humanities / History / Topical / Race and Ethnicity
- Humanities / History / Area Studies / Americas / United States
- College General Ed
- College Lower Division
- High School