Learning Exercise: Create a Text Logo for a Web Page
This assignment instructs the user how to use the Cool Text site to convert some text--perhaps their name--into a logo image based on the style they select. The logo can be inserted into a web page, or it could also be used for customized stationery.
Course: web page development, graphic design
Date Last Modified:
- Go to the CoolText web page and click the graphic text that says Logos near the top left of the screen.
- Click the style you want from the samples in the Choose a Style area of the new page.
- Replace the contents of the Logo Text box with the words you want in your logo. Then select the font style, size color, etc. from the options in the input boxes. (If you are not sure what to do, just accept the default options, because you can always go back and change your choices.)
- After completing your selections, click the Create Logo button and wait for your logo to appear on the following page.
- If you don't like the appearance of the logo, use the Back button on the browser to return to the previous page, change the settings, and create the logo again.
- When you are satified with your logo,
click it with the right mouse button and save it to your computer (you may want to change the file name).
- Use a text editor or web page authoring tool to open the HTML file for your web page and find the location where you want to place the image. Insert the following code into the file, using the actual image file name and extension
- Save your HTML file, use an FTP program to upload it to the server, and then view it in a browser.
- Repeat previous steps as necessary or desirable to change the location of the image on the web page, or its appearance.
- High School