10 minutes for the test; 60 minutes for the homework assignment
Target Audience:Primary - Undergraduate students in a Professional Selling classOther Potential Uses - With some adaptation in the assignment questions, undergraduate students in a Human Resource class.
This assignment should be made after class discussions of communication styles and adaptive selling.
1. To enable students to determine their own temperament styles.2. To illustrate for students that there are a wide variety of temperament styles that they will encounter in the workplace.3. To have students demonstrate how they would have to adapt their selling styles for people of different temperaments.
Assessment:Students should be expected to identify how they will adapt their sales presentations. Although the Temperaments are different from the Communication styles, students should be able to discuss how they would change their presentation for a different Temperament style.
Text of Learning Exercise:
Kersey Temperment Exercise
NOTE: This assignment should be made after class discussions of communication styles and adaptive selling.
Go to the Keirsey website http://www.keirsey.com
/cgi-bin/keirsey/newkts.cgi and complete the Temperament Sorter II for you.
Prepare a typed one page report that includes the following:
1. What temperament style are you?
2. Is the description of your Temperament style and also your Character style accurate? Why or why not?
3. Select one of the other three temperament styles and read the description.
4. Describe how you would adapt your sales call if you were calling on a customer with this other type of temperament. Specifically: