After use of this resource, the learner will
1. Define resiliency.
2. Describe exposure to a traumatic event.
3. Describe exposure to the consequences of combat, including observing or handling human remains related to resiliency and PTSD.
4. Identify tools for resiliency assessment.
5. Identify the needs of family and friends during an emotional time for individuals suffering from PTSD.
6. Describe exposures to stressful life events after the deployment, including both generally stressful events that are unrelated to the deployment, such as physical or sexual assaults, being robbed, and death or serious illness of someone close to the service member, and events that may be related to challenges associated with reintegration, such as job interruption, financial difficulties, and divorce.