Wiggio is a web-based tool that is designed for working in groups.
Wiggio gives groups all the necessary functionality they need, in one-place, and simple enough that anyone can use it. These tools include:
* Messages - send mass text messages, voice messages and emails to your group
* Calendar - keep a shared group calendar that can send you text message or email reminders before all your meetings, practices, rehearsals, games and other events
* Poll - survey your entire group and get their responses back as they answer
* Folder - store all your groups' files in a central folder and edit them in real-time
* Meetings - setup free conference calls (for which numbers are not 800 numbers) and web chats on Wiggio
* Links - keep a shared favorites folder of group links and resources
* Email - send an email to your groups' email address, and it gets distributed to all group members
Specific goals would be inherent in the meeting or group project created in Wiggio.
Target Student Population:
Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
Type of Material:
Small groups could use this for outside of class projects.
Evaluation and Observation
Wiggio is free. It allows for creating a poll, a chat room, a meeting, a calendar and other tools for small group work.
Wiggio does not have some of the advanced tools that products like Centra, Adobe Connect, and Illuminate:
Doesn't have VOIP -ability to use computer mic and speakers to communicate synchronously, screensharing.It doesn't have the ability for the presenter to control when participants see slides
Would like to click on a link in calendar and have it open the item if it is a Chat or page for the meeting
Potential Effectiveness as a Teaching Tool
This would be good for small groups of students to use in class. It would be useful for middle level and high school project groups or perhaps for advising students online.
It might not be appropriate as the only communication tool for a class. If you have access to other services from a university, this tool might not be appropriate.
Ease of Use for Both Students and Faculty
Very easy to use! While not as robust as some of the University-owned products, it would be easy to use by students or those in K-12 without access to these conference and meeting tools.
Participants using the newest version of Internet Explorer had difficulty using the site.
Other Issues and Comments:
We are concerned about stability but perhaps a listing of supported browsers would be useful.