"Edge of Entrepreneurship Video Series" is a series of 5 video case studies detailing how each business came about. Each video captures the detail concerning the creator's thoughts concerning how and why they started their business, as well as, their on-going challenges.
Type of Material:
In the classroom
Online learning as support material
Video player on a PC or Mac.
Identify Major Learning Goals:
Understand what is involved in being an entrepreneur and starting a small business.
Creativity and how it is associated with start-ups.
Understand how you assess, apply or predict success.
Target Student Population:
Graduate and undergraduate business students.
Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- Solid and well rounded examples of successful businesses.
- Solid examples of thinking and motivational processes.
- Excellent quality video.
- Well produced and shows only the individual business owner, no interaction with an interviewer who could take away from the presentation.
- Case teaching notes available from the author make the videos very useful.
Slight video disruption in a few of the videos.
Potential Effectiveness as a Teaching Tool
- If used in conjunction with written cases and well developed discussions, these videos could be very effective teaching tools on what it takes to be an entrepreneur.
- Solid motivational viewing.
The people interviewed have varied experience that has apparently produced success. The beauty is that they could give people false hope.
Ease of Use for Both Students and Faculty
- Very easy to use. Open the site, select the video, click on the start icon and the video opens up. No problems.
- Simple, straight forward.
- Easy to hear and understand.
Other Issues and Comments:
These are excellent videos in that they are one-way interviews, only the individual business owner telling the story of their entrepreneurial ventures, what they experienced, what they did right and wrong, what drove them to open the business, pitfalls, etc. Can really open discussions and help understand what the small start-up is all about.
Search by ISBN?
It looks like you have entered an ISBN number. Would you like to search using what you have
entered as an ISBN number?
Searching for Members?
You entered an email address. Would you like to search for members? Click Yes to continue. If no, materials will be displayed first. You can refine your search with the options on the left of the results page.