In this course you will discover all of the tools necessary to develop powerful, bottom-line focused training. Using a human performance improvement approach to instructional design, you will learn best practices for conducting a needs assessment, job/task analysis, and course design and development using templates exclusive to ATD. Leave with a structured step-by-step process that can be immediately applied to the development of your own training programs.
- Students will be responsible for their own learning. This course n instructional design is based on “learning by doing”
- You will use a variety of sicial media and sharing of personal experiences, opinions and ideas, in order for each member of the group to draw their own conclusions about a specific topic.
- This course also promotes promotes discovery learning. These eLearning activities may be planned for self-study, or even as group projects under a mixed perspective with the social learning approach.
- Provide an instructional focus for participants (learners, instructors, and instructional designers).
- Educate participants with guidelines for learning and teaching.
- Design standards for assessment (including self-assessment) and evaluation.
- Communicate with the instructor and course expectations to participants.
- Communicate instructional intent.
- Understand guidelines for selecting media, materials, and strategies.
Information Processing: Emphasizes the information processing capability of
students. Gives priority to the ways students handle stimuli from their environment,
organize data, generate concepts and solve problems.
o Inductive Investigation & Inquiry
o Deductive Investigation & Inquiry
o Synectics (Techniques for Creativity)
o Design and Problem Solving
o Projects & Reports
Online Learning Journal (Reference Material)
Online Learning (formerly Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks) (Reference Material)
The Emergence of a Blended Online Learning Environment (Open (Access) Journal-Article)
Web 2.0 Tools in Education: A Quick Guide (Open (Access) Textbook)
Web 2.0 Tools for Educators (Tutorial)
Web 2.0 Resources (Collection)
Deepening the Chasm: Web 2.0, Gaming, and Course Management Systems (Open (Access) Journal-Article)
Instructional Technology Community Portal (Collection)
Instructional Design (Reference Material)
84 Tips on New Instructional Design for New Instructional Technology (Reference Material)