StAIR - Area and Perimeter
Reviewed by members of Editorial board for inclusion in MERLOT.Editor Review (not reviewed)
- User Rating:
- Discussion (2 Comments)
- Learning Exercises (none)
- Personal Collections (none)
- Accessibility Info (none)
Browse in Categories
Discussion for StAIR - Area and Perimeter
Melissa Gorsegner (Teacher (K-12))
1. Great explainations of both perimeter and area
2. Very age-appropriate pictures and encouragement
3. Flowed nicely with quiz questions - I can see it easily maintaining a child's focus
4. The overall look was appealing to the eye
One minor detail, the arrows didn't always work and the slides would move forward on their own. This could cause issues for students who need that extra time to read and understand.
Nancy Wilson (Student)
I think this STAIR is a great visual tool to teach area and perimeter. The images that are used a key in teaching how to find the area and perimeter. The bright colors and fun pictures will keep students attention and keep their interest througout the lesson. There was a just right amount of information before the quiz questions started and there was a good amount of questions to support students learning. You did a nice job when a student got an answer incorrect. I like how you gave them a different way to solve it (try using paper and pencil). It gave them a reminder of what they needed to do.
One problem that I had, were a few of the buttons to move to the next pages i had to click several times. I am not sure what caused this problem.