This is a QR code. A QR Code is a 2-dimensional barcode, which has encoded in it a URL (web address), text, or other information. It can be read by a QR code scanner, including QR scanner smartphone apps. Once you have an app installed on your smartphone, open the app and hold your phones camera over a QR code to read it. Most QR codes youll come across have a URL encoded, so chances are when you read the QR code it will take you to a web page.
Reviewed by members of Editorial board for inclusion in MERLOT.
Very good quality; in queue to be peer reviewed
Click to get more information on the MERLOT Editors' Choice Award in a new window.
Click to get more information on the MERLOT Classics Award in a new window.
Click to get more information on the MERLOT JOLT Award in a new window.
Search all MERLOT
Click here to go to your profile
Click to expand login or register menu
Select to go to your workspace
Click here to go to your Dashboard Report
Click here to go to your Content Builder
Click here to log out
Please give at least one keyword of at least three characters for the search to work with. The more keywords you give, the better the search will work for you.
select OK to launch help window
You are now going to MERLOT Help. It will open in a new window
For optimal performance of MERLOT functionality, use IE 9 or higher, or Safari on mobile devices
'ALZTrack™ (by HandHold Adaptive®, makers of AutismTrack™) is a journaling tool that empowers caregivers of those with Alzheimer’s to easily track interventions, behaviors and symptoms. Checkboxes allow daily recording of any therapy, medicine or supplement. Simple “sliders” allow rating of any behavior or symptom (e.g., anxiety,...
'ALZTrack™ (by HandHold Adaptive®, makers of AutismTrack™) is a journaling tool that empowers caregivers of those with Alzheimer’s to easily track interventions, behaviors and symptoms. Checkboxes allow daily recording of any therapy, medicine or supplement. Simple “sliders” allow rating of any behavior or symptom (e.g., anxiety, confusion, and sleeplessness).
ALZTrack™ can help loved ones and caregivers of those with Alzheimer’s disease answer the puzzling question: “What seems to be working, and what’s not?”
Daily log screens provide a snapshot of any particular day’s interventions and behaviors. Users may also graph symptoms and monitor compliance over periods of time. These daily logs and trend reports may be emailed (in PDF format), so that loved ones and caregivers can review useful information on their search to discover the unique patterns and trends experienced by individuals with Alzheimer’s.
* EASY TO USE: It takes only a few minutes to enter the day’s information. ALZTrack™ doesn’t bog caregivers down with long surveys – information is entered in a simple, easily understood format.
* CUSTOM JOURNALING: Caregivers can add their own interventions and behaviors to the standard data sets available within the app, and can add notes to supplement compliance checklists and sliding-scale behavior ratings.
* ANY PERSON, ANY TIME: Multiple caregivers can track a single individual with Alzheimer’s, which is useful in achieving “consensus” around the individual’s current level of performance, or in simply confirming whether or not medications were already administered for the day. ALZ Track™ runs on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad (an Internet connection is required).
* EMAILABLE AND PRINTABLE REPORTS: Tracked data is available in an emailable and printable form, so that reports may be shared among family members, friends, doctors, and other members of the individual’s caregiving network.
* SERVER-BASED: Caregivers who register to use ALZTrack™ can rest assured that if their device gets lost or breaks, data is recoverable through HandHold Adaptive’s secure server.
About Handhold Adaptive®:
Founded in 2008 by the parents of a young boy with autism, HandHold Adaptive® launched iPrompts®, a picture-prompting app for caregivers of those with special needs, in May of 2009. Thousands of caregivers now use the strongly-rated tool, which is well on its way to becoming the new standard in picture-based prompting. HandHold Adaptive® has also created AutismTrack™ (called “New and Noteworthy” by Apple) and ALZTrack™, two powerful data-tracking tools designed by a database architect with 20 years’ experience in securely managing user data.
Users of ALZ Track™ are required to agree to a standard User Agreement that, among other things, requires a HIPAA waiver and an acknowledgment that HandHold Adaptive, LLC does not recommend any medications or treatments, and does not provide any medically diagnostic information. In the future, HandHold Adaptive® hopes that ALZTrack™ can help improve Alzheimer’s research, as aggregate data from households may one day be provided to researchers looking to better understand the efficacy of various treatment options. The information you enter using ALZTrack™ may play an important role in fighting Alzheimer’s!'