- AMP Accesss Monterey Pininsula
member of the Board 01/1996 – Current
none 01/1995 – Current
- New Media Centers Consortium
Campus Director 01/1996 – 01/2010
- Ph.D (12/1978)
- M.A. Instructional Television (08/1976)
- B.S. Radio Television Film (06/1971)
- Ittelson, John C. and Lorenzo, George. (2007). An Overview of Institutional E-Portfolios in EDUCAUSE ELI Learning Initiative. (electronic).
- Ittelson, John C. and Lorenzo, George. (2005). An Overview of E-Portfolios in EDUCAUSE ELI Learning Initiative. (electronic).
- Lorenzo, George and Ittelson, John. (2005). Assessing Student Learning with E-Portfolios in ELI Paper 3.
- CSUMB – Research courses
- This is the Masters in IT Program that I have helped establish.
Capstone Two Semester Sequence
- CSUMB – IT
- This is the final sequence for seniors graduating with a major in ICST.
Instructional Technology and Interactive Multimedia
- CSUMB – IT
Honors & Awards
- Apple Distinguished Educator (01/2004)
From 2004 to current.
- Bautzer University Faculty Advancement Award (01/2003)
One of 25 CSU Faculty Members recognized for outstanding service.
- National Learning Infrastructure Initiative (NLII) Fellow (01/2001)
Chosen by EDUCAUSE. As an EDUCAUSE fellow, researched the development of electronic portfolios.
- Language and Culture in the Digital Age, 01/19/2007
A Ready2Net Digital Stream Broadcast.
- E-Portfolios: Academic Potential and Administrative Reality, 10/19/2005
E-portfolios, useful for learner self-assessment and documenting student credentials, raise tensions between user control and institutional records.
- Implementing E-Portfolios, 10/21/2004
The e-portfolios roundtable discussed issues surrounding the implementation of electronic portfolios.
- Director Instructional Technologies (02/2008 – Current) K-20 California Education Technology Collaborative
- Professor, Emeritus (02/2008 – Current) CSU Monterey Bay
- Professor (08/1995 – 01/2008) California State University Monterey Bay