Mark J. Davis
Members from Mark J.’s institution
Materials from Mark J.’s discipline
Members in Mark J.’s discipline
Virtual Speakers Bureau
- MEIEA Music & Entertainment Industry Educators Association
Journal Editorial Advisory Board Member 04/2013 – Current
- US Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal
Attorney 06/1993 – Current
- Louisiana State Bar Association
Attorney 10/1978 – Current
- Juris Doctor (05/1978)
Tulane University School of Law
- B.A. (08/1976)
- Davis, M.J.. (2014). Teacher's Guide to Copyright 3rd Edition iBook. BuzzGig, LLC.
- Davis, M.J.. (2013). Ancillary & online materials, Chapter reviews in Music Business Handbook 10th Edition Baskerville. SAGE.
- Davis, M.J.. (2010). Legal Issues in the Music Industry. BuzzGig, LLC.
Legal Issues in the Music Business 1 & 2
- Loyola University, College of Music & Fine Arts – Music Business
- Copyrights, music publishing, recording contracts.
Legal and Intellectual Property Issues for Distance Learning EDU6409
- Northeastern University Graduate School of Education – Copyright
- Focusing on the use and delivery of copyrighted material and the Internet. Subjects include detailed examination of fundamentals of the TEACH Act, Fair Use policies, methods for obtaining permission for use of intellectual property, recommended guidelines for use of intellectual property, and best practices to establish usage policies.
Contemporary Music Industry
- Tulane University – Music Business
- Copyright for Educators, 01/05/2011
Presentation to faculty of Northwestern State University focusing on common copyright issues in the classroom
- Copyright for Teachers and Librarians in the Digital Age (Presentation about MERLOT), 08/06/2008
MERLOT 2008: Two hour workshop on copyright issues with an emphasis on practical solutions to problems faced by librarians and educators.
- Fair Use Ain't What You Think It Is., 06/13/2008
New Media Consortium 2008 at Princeton Univ. Speech on copyright, Fair Use, and the TEACH Act for digital classrooms.
- Instructor of Music Business (09/2001 – Current) Loyola Univ. College of Music, Music Industry Studies Program
- Partner (04/1993 – 06/2003) Eveline, Davis, & Phillips, Attorneys at Law
- Arbitrator, Copyright Arbitration Royalty Panel (10/2000 – 04/2001) Library of Congress, U.S. Copyright Office