Linda Tovaas RN, MPH
Members from Linda’s institution
Materials from Linda’s discipline
Members in Linda’s discipline
Skills & Interests
Science and Technology / Health Sciences / Nursing
30-yrs successful Nursing experience in various healthcare venues. I enjoy teaching new Nurses Aides & Medical Assistants about quality care & specific considerations for various age groups.
Science and Technology / Health Sciences / Healthcare Administration
Extensive management experience as Director of Nursing LTC, Clinical Director Hospice, Operations Manager Wellness Center, Nurse Manager Med-Surg (hospital). Strengths include Root Cause Analysis, Creative Problem Solving, Team Leadership, Servant Leadership, Strategic Thinking, Project Management, Workflow Analysis, Process Improvement, Program Planning, Relationship Facilitation, Healthcare Ethics, Staff Development.
Science and Technology / Health Sciences / Nutrition
Individualized health coaching in Whole-foods Nutrition & Environmental Health. Areas of expertise include allergies, food sensitivity/intolerance, functional foods, organics, GMO's, nutraceuticals. Specific nutritional approaches given for various conditions such as IBS, MCS, ADHD, recurrent URI's, pre-pregnancy planning, toddler nutrition, school lunches, and more.
- AONE - American Organization of Nurse Executives
Member 01/2010 – Current
- NASH - National Alliance of Small Houses
Member 06/2008 – Current
- AHNA - American Holistic Nurses Association
Member 01/2001 – Current
- MPH Public Health, minor Integrative Health & Preventive Medicine (05/2004)
West Chester University of Pennsylvania
- BS Healthcare Administration, minor Human Resource Mgmt (08/2003)
- RN Nursing (08/1980)
Albert Einstein Medical School of Nursing
ESW/NUR-210 Holistic Health
- Montgomery County Community College, Blue Bell PA – Exercise Science & Wellness/ Nursing
- Course covers Whole-foods Nutrition, Environmental Health, Traditional Allopathic Medicine, Integrative Medicine, Chiropractic, Homeopathy, Herbalism, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Mind-Body Medicine, Therapeutic Massage, Healing Touch, Reiki, Aromatherapy, Stress Management, Work Life Balance, Therapeutic Humor, healing partnerships, etc.
Holistic Health Concepts & Implementation
- Montgomery County Community College, Blue Bell PA – Health & Wellness
- Newly developed Community Ed certificate course (non-credit). This course will explore a Holistic approach to health & wellness with a focus on achieving better body balance and enhancing long term health. For those already working in health care settings and for anyone interested in learning how to enhance assessment & analytical skills.
MAS-112 Medical Assisting Clinical Skills Lab
- Montgomery County Community College, Pottstown, PA – Medical Assisting (lab)
- o This course introduces students to the clinical procedures commonly performed in a medical office; explores anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, common pathology and diseases, diagnostic treatment modalities, infection control practices, and patient care techniques.
- Speaking level: Superior
- Reading level: Superior
- Speaking level: Intermediate
- Reading level: Intermediate
Honors & Awards
- Distinguished Volunteer Award, SASD (04/1996)
- Nurse of the Year Award for Nursing Excellence, Pennsylvania Nurses Association (05/1983)
- Adjunct Faculty, Health Sciences Division (08/2007 – Current) Montgomery County Community College, Blue Bell PA
- Founder & Holistic Health Educator (01/2006 – Current) Harleysville Health Coaching Services
- Health Coach & Wellness Program Coordinator (12/2011 – Current) www.WellNow.us