- Organization of American Historians
Member 09/2010 – Current
- MBA Technology Management (09/2005)
University of Phoenix
- Ph.D. History of Technology (01/1999)
Case Western Reserve University
- MA History (01/1993)
University of Akron
- Bowles, M.D.. (2011). The End of Isolation: U.S. History from 1865 to the Present. San Diego, CA: Bridgepoint Education.
- Bowles, M.D.. (2010). Computer Literacy. San Diego, CA: Bridgepoint Education.
- Bowles, M.D.. (2009). The "Apollo" of Aeronautics: NASA's Aircraft Energy Efficiency Program, 1973-1987. Washington, DC: NASA.
Master’s Thesis (HIST 699)
- American Military University – Graduate level thesis
Master’s Comprehensive Exam (HIST 698)
- American Military University – Capstone exam and review
History and Popular Culture (HIST 557)
- American Military University – Popular culture through the lens of the American city
Honors & Awards
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics History Manuscript Award (09/2010)
- Outstanding Faculty of the Year, American Public University System (09/2010)
- How NASA Changed the Future of Aircraft Energy Efficiency, 04/16/2011
- The Apollo of Aeronautics Distinguished Lecture, 01/16/2011
- Associate Professor of History (03/2009 – Current) American Military University
- Founder and President (01/2008 – Current) Belle History, LLC