- Submitted Materials
- Authored Materials
- Comments (3) comments
- Learning Exercises
- Bookmark Collections
- Course ePortfolios
- Content Builder Materials
Skills & Interests
Contract work with growing Professional development/training company to develop and teach Business Leadership and Executive Leadership training courses. Extensive background teaching policy, customer service, and leadership/management courses in the corporate environment.
Worked under a Title III grant and Department of Energy grant with state technical college(s) to identify workforce development and educational needs to increase employability skills and knowledge in the field of electrical power and smart grid technologies (including renewable energy sources).
10+ years of corporate training and adult (post secondary) education experience. Research completed including adult students in general educational programs.
- American Society for Training and Development (ASTD)
Basic Membership 01/2008 – Current
- Kansas Adult Education Association
Member 10/2008 – 03/2011
- Doctorate of Philosophy Post-Secondary and Adult Education (08/2011)
- Master of Science Education; Training and Performance Improvement (12/2005)
- Bachelor of Science Business Administration (12/2003)
- Crumly, C.L.. (2011). Responsive Teaching: A study of adult basic education programs. Proquest/UMI.
Introduction to Organizational Behavior
- Edvancement Solutions – Organizational Behavior
- This course is aimed at the characteristics of human characteristics and the impact on management and resultant organizations performance level. It covers and reviews personality, motivation, values, stress, leadership skills, power bases, and communication theories and practices.
Adult Basic Education
- Wichita Area Technical College – Reading, Writing, Math
- Provide face-to-face instruction to non-traditional adult students (general education courses). Prepare students for workplace employability by incorporating life skills instruction to the course curriculum. Manage student assessments, maintain accurate records of achievement scores.
- Speaking level: Superior
- Reading level: Superior
- Effective Communication, 10/01/2007
This presentation discussed effective communication concepts, techniques, and characteristics related to personal insurance (auto/home) policies and claims processes.
- Introduction to Policy, 10/01/2007
This training presentation was presented to state area insurance agents and staff and included training lessons and activities related to basic policy understanding (home/auto).
- Basic Transformational Leadership, 05/15/2006
This training presentation was provided to a small group of professionals at the University of Phoenix (Wichita, KS) campus and covered the basic/fundamental concepts of transformational leadership and presented in conjunction with The Role of Leadership
- Director of Curriculum Development (11/2010 – Current) Department of Energy (grant) for Pratt Community College
- Director of Technology (11/2009 – 10/2010) Title III Grant position with Pratt Community College
- Claims Trainer/Adjuster (04/2000 – 10/2009) American Family Insurance