Communication Sciences and Disorders Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the Speech Language Hearing Sciences and Communication Disorders MERLOT portal. Here you will find links to a repository of peer-reviewed, online resources for teaching and learning. By joining MERLOT (at no cost!), you will become part of a growing community of educators, scientists, clinical supervisors and clinicians who are using a variety of web-based materials and resources, submitting their own modules and resources to share with the community, developing new ideas to help you teach in your classroom and/or online as well as to provide learning materials you can share with students to enhance independent content learning.
The ASHA Convention is the premier annual professional education event for speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists. Bringing together more than 12,000 attendees, the Annual Convention provides unparalleled opportunities to hear the latest research and gain new skills and resources to advance your career.
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide is a practical reference/development tool for...
Virtual Reality And It's Potential For Europe
Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) are technologies which have the potential to transform the way we work,...
Metrics-Toolkit.org | Helping you use metrics responsibly
The Metrics Toolkit provides evidence-based information about research metrics across disciplines, including how each...
Dimensions.ai: Open Access Research Repository
Digital Science Dimensions (DS Dimensions) is a linked research knowledge system that makes it easy to find and analyze...
Open Research Glossary
The Open Research Glossary is designed as a reference resource to inform people about the culture of "Open Scholarship."...
Rightsback.org: "Returning Authors' Rights" Termination of Transfer Tool
The Author's Alliance and Creative Commons have created the "Termination of Transfer" (ToT) tool that helps authors...
European Union (EU) Bookshop: All EU publications You are looking for!
EU Bookshop is an online bookshop, library, and archive of publications dating back to 1952. It contains 110,000 titles...
Figshare: Making Open Research Discoverable
Figshare is a repository where users can make all of their research outputs available in a citable, shareable and...
Preprints.org: The Multidisciplinary Preprint Platform
Preprints.org is a platform dedicated to making early versions of research inputs available, including original research...
Google Expeditions App for Android
Google Expeditions enable teachers to bring students on virtual reality field trips (200+ expeditions) to places like...
Supporting Deaf And Hard Of Hearing Students
Students with a hearing disability have a number of assistive tools at their disposal. Some assistive technology, such as...
ASU's Education Through Exploration: Course Redesign for Next Generation Science Courseware
Arizona State University's Center for Education Through Exploration (ETX) has received a $10.8 million grant from NASA's...
CORE: Open Access Public-University Research Library (Repository)
CORE (COnnecting REpositories) is an Open Access Internet Public Library (OA-IPL/Open Journal System) for research whose...
ICT in Communication Sciences and Disorders Education
This collection of resources focuses on ICT literacy for education in communication sciences and disorders. It includes...
BrainFacts.org is an authoritative source of information about the brain and nervous system for the public. The site is a...
Avatalker AAC App for iPad
'Introducing Avatalker® AAC: You've never seen anything like this! Avatalker® AAC is a robust, full-featured...
Auditory Processing Studio App for iPad
'Auditory Processing Studio was created by a certified speech and language pathologist for adults and children ages 7 and...
Decibel 10th App for iOS
'Decibel 10th turns your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch into a professional sound meter, precisely measures the sound...
You can create an attractive PowerPoint presentation today. Get basic visual communication pointers and take the...
HealthTap App for iOS
HealthTap allows you to have online access to physicians right from your phone. Ask a question, and volunteer and...
Sumanasinc - Vestibular System
Information about the vestibular system.
PATTS: The Auditory and Vestibular Systems
Provides information about the anatomy of the ear along with the functions of the auditory and vestibular systems.
Split Brain Behavioral Experiments
A video which explains the result of severing the corpus callosum based off of one man's story.
Wisc-Online - 12 Cranial Nerves
Descriptions of each cranial nerve along with a diagram of the brain. A quiz is available at the end to review the...
Marissa ValdezQuirino State University
Shelley LundUniversity of Wisconsin System - Milwaukee
Matthew BakkeGallaudet University
Melissa BentonWebster University
Mimi PalmerAmerican Business & Technology University
Linda FrielTrinity Christian College
Arnon JannokSuranaree University of Technology
Lisa LaSalleUniversity of Redlands
Angel SpotornoONG Sintesis
Mariateresa MunozFlorida International University
Daniela CrudeliICS di via Maniago Milano
KEIKO NAKAOOtsuma Women's University junior college division
Racheal RajahSpecial Ed
Carole GelferMonmouth University
Sheridan ForsterRoyal Melbourne Institute of Technology
Fred KingSUNY The State University of New York
Linda MiloskySyracuse University
Ridge Road AcademyHomeschool
- Academy of Neurological Communication Disorders and Sciences
- Academy of Rehabilitative Audiology
- Alzheimer's Association
- American Academy of Audiology
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Brain & Behavior Research Foundation
- Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Dysphagia Research Society
- International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- International Phonetics Association
- Educational Audiology Association
- International Society for Autism Research
- International Stuttering Association
- Multilingual Children's Association
- National Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders: Directory of Organizations by Subject
- Society for Research in Child Development
- The Voice Foundation
Journals & Publications
- ASHA Journal Publications
- Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal
- Journal of Speech Pathology & Therapy
- Reading and Writing
- Ear and Hearing
- Brain and Language
- International Journal of Audiology
- Journal of Phonetics
- Journal of the American Academy of Audiology
- AAC: Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Topics in Language Disorders
- Annals of Dyslexia
- Trends in Hearing
- Language and Speech
- Journal of Fluency Disorders
- Journal of Voice
- Child Language Teaching and Therapy
- Journal of Communication Disorders
- Hearing Journal
- Seminars in Hearing
- Communication Disorders Quarterly
- Canadian Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Hearing, Balance, and Communication
Communication Sciences & Disorders on the Web
Soronko Academy Partners With Autism Ambassadors Of Ghana Ahead Of Autism App Launch
Mar 19, 2018 02:45 AM PDT
Soronko Academy partners Autism Ambassadors ahead of Autism App launch
Mar 19, 2018 02:33 AM PDT
Seeing the signs: Renowned USM professor reflects on life-changing language discovery
Mar 19, 2018 01:03 AM PDT
Traumatic Brain Injury Therapeutics Market 2022: Direct, Indirect Marketing, Channel Development ...
Mar 19, 2018 12:07 AM PDT
“Autism Recovery is Possible and Happens Often,” Says Major Autism Convention with over 130 ...
Mar 18, 2018 11:56 PM PDT
APD searching for teen with autism
Mar 18, 2018 11:11 PM PDT
Autism: 'I wasn't broken or defective. I could be explained, understood. I even came with a manual!'
Mar 18, 2018 11:00 PM PDT
Specsavers staff learn sign language to help customers
Mar 18, 2018 10:03 PM PDT
Toledo restaurant holds benefit for woman recovering from traumatic brain injury
Mar 18, 2018 08:11 PM PDT
Health Board: upcoming conferences, talks, campaigns and events
Mar 18, 2018 08:00 PM PDT
Alternative Seating in the Autism Classroom
Mar 18, 2018 06:08 PM PDT
Sensitive Bunny reaches autistic children
Mar 18, 2018 06:07 PM PDT
Oba, One Hallelujah Plan Concert For Children Living With Cancer, Autism
Mar 18, 2018 06:07 PM PDT
Champion Autism Network hosts sensory friendly day with the Easter Bunny
Mar 18, 2018 05:45 PM PDT
Man with Autism reported missing from Marietta
Mar 18, 2018 05:33 PM PDT
Family, friends and followers say goodbye to Tripp Halstead
Mar 18, 2018 05:16 PM PDT
Communication on Twitter
- Top speech language pathology articles from last 48 hrs rightrelevance.com/search/article…10 hours ago | SpeechLangRR
- RT @autismvotes: .@autismspeaks recognizes the critical importance of Medicaid-funded Home and Community Based Services to individuals with…12 hours ago | autismspeaks
- These relaxed, sensory-friendly theater performances in NJ are giving families with autism the opportunity to enjoy… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…13 hours ago | autismspeaks
- Compared with white parents, black parents report fewer concerns related to their child’s #autism spectrum disorder… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…14 hours ago | ASHAWeb
- "21 songs that have helped people on the autism spectrum cope with sensory overload" Read more: bit.ly/2tUzrEv14 hours ago | autismspeaks
- Top speech language pathology @rightrelevance Twitter influencers (bit.ly/2jFEMWI) to follow rightrelevance.com/search/influen…14 hours ago | SpeechLangRR
- Kids with autism face unique challenges. These 10 glorious pics capture the victories. See more: u.pw/2tSYAiW #LightItUpBlue15 hours ago | autismspeaks
- How can your school get involved in World Autism Month in April? This tool kit has great activities and cirriculum.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- This local business provides more than just workplace training for adults with autism. Watch more: bit.ly/2pnmBdB #LightItUpBlue
- A young man on the autism spectrum, Keaton Bicknell wrote, edited, directed and composed the music for a short film… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…