Communication Sciences and Disorders Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the Speech Language Hearing Sciences and Communication Disorders MERLOT portal. Here you will find links to a repository of peer-reviewed, online resources for teaching and learning. By joining MERLOT (at no cost!), you will become part of a growing community of educators, scientists, clinical supervisors and clinicians who are using a variety of web-based materials and resources, submitting their own modules and resources to share with the community, developing new ideas to help you teach in your classroom and/or online as well as to provide learning materials you can share with students to enhance independent content learning.
The ASHA Convention is the premier annual professional education event for speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists. Bringing together more than 12,000 attendees, the Annual Convention provides unparalleled opportunities to hear the latest research and gain new skills and resources to advance your career.
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide is a practical reference/development tool for...
Virtual Reality And It's Potential For Europe
Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) are technologies which have the potential to transform the way we work,...
Metrics-Toolkit.org | Helping you use metrics responsibly
The Metrics Toolkit provides evidence-based information about research metrics across disciplines, including how each...
Dimensions.ai: Open Access Research Repository
Digital Science Dimensions (DS Dimensions) is a linked research knowledge system that makes it easy to find and analyze...
Open Research Glossary
The Open Research Glossary is designed as a reference resource to inform people about the culture of "Open Scholarship."...
Rightsback.org: "Returning Authors' Rights" Termination of Transfer Tool
The Author's Alliance and Creative Commons have created the "Termination of Transfer" (ToT) tool that helps authors...
European Union (EU) Bookshop: All EU publications You are looking for!
EU Bookshop is an online bookshop, library, and archive of publications dating back to 1952. It contains 110,000 titles...
Figshare: Making Open Research Discoverable
Figshare is a repository where users can make all of their research outputs available in a citable, shareable and...
Preprints.org: The Multidisciplinary Preprint Platform
Preprints.org is a platform dedicated to making early versions of research inputs available, including original research...
Google Expeditions App for Android
Google Expeditions enable teachers to bring students on virtual reality field trips (200+ expeditions) to places like...
Supporting Deaf And Hard Of Hearing Students
Students with a hearing disability have a number of assistive tools at their disposal. Some assistive technology, such as...
ASU's Education Through Exploration: Course Redesign for Next Generation Science Courseware
Arizona State University's Center for Education Through Exploration (ETX) has received a $10.8 million grant from NASA's...
Marissa ValdezQuirino State University
Shelley LundUniversity of Wisconsin System - Milwaukee
Matthew BakkeGallaudet University
Melissa BentonWebster University
Mimi PalmerAmerican Business & Technology University
Linda FrielTrinity Christian College
Arnon JannokSuranaree University of Technology
Lisa LaSalleUniversity of Redlands
Angel SpotornoONG Sintesis
Mariateresa MunozFlorida International University
- Academy of Neurological Communication Disorders and Sciences
- Academy of Rehabilitative Audiology
- Alzheimer's Association
- American Academy of Audiology
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Brain & Behavior Research Foundation
- Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Dysphagia Research Society
- International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- International Phonetics Association
- Educational Audiology Association
- International Society for Autism Research
- International Stuttering Association
- Multilingual Children's Association
- National Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders: Directory of Organizations by Subject
- Society for Research in Child Development
- The Voice Foundation
Journals & Publications
- ASHA Journal Publications
- Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal
- Journal of Speech Pathology & Therapy
- Reading and Writing
- Ear and Hearing
- Brain and Language
- International Journal of Audiology
- Journal of Phonetics
- Journal of the American Academy of Audiology
- AAC: Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Topics in Language Disorders
- Annals of Dyslexia
- Trends in Hearing
- Language and Speech
- Journal of Fluency Disorders
- Journal of Voice
- Child Language Teaching and Therapy
- Journal of Communication Disorders
- Hearing Journal
- Seminars in Hearing
- Communication Disorders Quarterly
- Canadian Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Hearing, Balance, and Communication
Communication Sciences & Disorders on the Web
New film about finding love features non-professional actors with autism
Mar 16, 2018 07:48 PM PDT
Mar 16, 2018 07:29 PM PDT
FOCUS: There is hope, help for those with autism
Mar 16, 2018 06:07 PM PDT
North Arlington Will Mark 'Light It Up Blue For Autism'
Mar 16, 2018 05:52 PM PDT
Tripp Halstead Dies 5 Years After He Was Struck by a Tree Branch, Leaving Him with Brain Injury
Mar 16, 2018 04:26 PM PDT
Sign Language Interpreter III
Mar 16, 2018 04:22 PM PDT
Organization helps teens with autism interact with law enforcement
Mar 16, 2018 04:15 PM PDT
Albuquerque kids with Autism knit hats for children, babies
Mar 16, 2018 03:23 PM PDT
Join Team Peacock for the Eagles Autism Challenge
Mar 16, 2018 03:07 PM PDT
Smoking linked to hearing loss, new study finds
Mar 16, 2018 02:56 PM PDT
Shen 6th grader won't let hearing loss deter ear for music
Mar 16, 2018 02:33 PM PDT
Grasp Reflex autism related t Autism
Mar 16, 2018 02:24 PM PDT
Autism's social deficits reversed with anti-cancer drug
Mar 16, 2018 02:11 PM PDT
Adventuring beyond Autism and ADHD: Meet the 'First Family' of Ultimate Outsiders
Mar 16, 2018 02:00 PM PDT
Secret Pec Autism Visuals t Autism
Mar 16, 2018 01:54 PM PDT
This tech company built a thriving business by recruiting adults with autism
Mar 16, 2018 01:03 PM PDT
Discovery: How Songbirds Could Help With Autism, 3D-Printed Microneedles Offer New, Lower ...
Mar 16, 2018 11:11 AM PDT
Communication on Twitter
- Top speech language pathology articles from last 48 hrs rightrelevance.com/search/article…4 hours ago | SpeechLangRR
- Now Hiring: Clinical and dispensing audiologist | Spokane Valley ENT: US - WA - Spokane | joburl.ws/10849618 #jobs5 hours ago | AcademyofAuD
- This teen with autism has such an inspiring relationship with his basketball team...💙 #LightItUpBlue Read more: bit.ly/2tPeIlu6 hours ago | autismspeaks
- RT @autismvotes: Thank you Representatives @RepGuthrie and @DebDingell for introducing the EMPOWER Care Act (H.R. 5306) in the House! #Fund…6 hours ago | autismspeaks
- Community plans housing project for people with autism. Watch more: aol.it/2FNUQB3 #LightItUpBlue7 hours ago | autismspeaks
- Advice from our experts: Child with autism obsessed with letters and numbers: bit.ly/2tPPpjy8 hours ago | autismspeaks
- Top speech language pathology @rightrelevance Twitter influencers (bit.ly/2jFEMWI) to follow rightrelevance.com/search/influen…8 hours ago | SpeechLangRR
- Review: In ‘Keep the Change,’ two people with autism find love. Read more: nyti.ms/2phzQfv #LightItUpBlue8 hours ago | autismspeaks
- Not As Good As Before. But a Whole Lot Better. buff.ly/2tS8Wjb8 hours ago | MERLOTorg
- Now Hiring: Audiologist Wanted in Dallas-Ft. Worth Area | Confidential: US - TX - Southlake | joburl.ws/10849344 #jobs9 hours ago | AcademyofAuD