Communication Sciences and Disorders Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the Speech Language Hearing Sciences and Communication Disorders MERLOT portal. Here you will find links to a repository of peer-reviewed, online resources for teaching and learning. By joining MERLOT (at no cost!), you will become part of a growing community of educators, scientists, clinical supervisors and clinicians who are using a variety of web-based materials and resources, submitting their own modules and resources to share with the community, developing new ideas to help you teach in your classroom and/or online as well as to provide learning materials you can share with students to enhance independent content learning.
The ASHA Convention is the premier annual professional education event for speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists. Bringing together more than 12,000 attendees, the Annual Convention provides unparalleled opportunities to hear the latest research and gain new skills and resources to advance your career.
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide is a practical reference/development tool for...
Virtual Reality And It's Potential For Europe
Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) are technologies which have the potential to transform the way we work,...
Metrics-Toolkit.org | Helping you use metrics responsibly
The Metrics Toolkit provides evidence-based information about research metrics across disciplines, including how each...
Dimensions.ai: Open Access Research Repository
Digital Science Dimensions (DS Dimensions) is a linked research knowledge system that makes it easy to find and analyze...
Open Research Glossary
The Open Research Glossary is designed as a reference resource to inform people about the culture of "Open Scholarship."...
Rightsback.org: "Returning Authors' Rights" Termination of Transfer Tool
The Author's Alliance and Creative Commons have created the "Termination of Transfer" (ToT) tool that helps authors...
European Union (EU) Bookshop: All EU publications You are looking for!
EU Bookshop is an online bookshop, library, and archive of publications dating back to 1952. It contains 110,000 titles...
Figshare: Making Open Research Discoverable
Figshare is a repository where users can make all of their research outputs available in a citable, shareable and...
Preprints.org: The Multidisciplinary Preprint Platform
Preprints.org is a platform dedicated to making early versions of research inputs available, including original research...
Google Expeditions App for Android
Google Expeditions enable teachers to bring students on virtual reality field trips (200+ expeditions) to places like...
Supporting Deaf And Hard Of Hearing Students
Students with a hearing disability have a number of assistive tools at their disposal. Some assistive technology, such as...
ASU's Education Through Exploration: Course Redesign for Next Generation Science Courseware
Arizona State University's Center for Education Through Exploration (ETX) has received a $10.8 million grant from NASA's...
CORE: Open Access Public-University Research Library (Repository)
CORE (COnnecting REpositories) is an Open Access Internet Public Library (OA-IPL/Open Journal System) for research whose...
ICT in Communication Sciences and Disorders Education
This collection of resources focuses on ICT literacy for education in communication sciences and disorders. It includes...
BrainFacts.org is an authoritative source of information about the brain and nervous system for the public. The site is a...
Avatalker AAC App for iPad
'Introducing Avatalker® AAC: You've never seen anything like this! Avatalker® AAC is a robust, full-featured...
Auditory Processing Studio App for iPad
'Auditory Processing Studio was created by a certified speech and language pathologist for adults and children ages 7 and...
Decibel 10th App for iOS
'Decibel 10th turns your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch into a professional sound meter, precisely measures the sound...
You can create an attractive PowerPoint presentation today. Get basic visual communication pointers and take the...
HealthTap App for iOS
HealthTap allows you to have online access to physicians right from your phone. Ask a question, and volunteer and...
Sumanasinc - Vestibular System
Information about the vestibular system.
PATTS: The Auditory and Vestibular Systems
Provides information about the anatomy of the ear along with the functions of the auditory and vestibular systems.
Split Brain Behavioral Experiments
A video which explains the result of severing the corpus callosum based off of one man's story.
Wisc-Online - 12 Cranial Nerves
Descriptions of each cranial nerve along with a diagram of the brain. A quiz is available at the end to review the...
Marissa ValdezQuirino State University
Shelley LundUniversity of Wisconsin System - Milwaukee
Matthew BakkeGallaudet University
Melissa BentonWebster University
Mimi PalmerAmerican Business & Technology University
Linda FrielTrinity Christian College
Arnon JannokSuranaree University of Technology
Lisa LaSalleUniversity of Redlands
Angel SpotornoONG Sintesis
Mariateresa MunozFlorida International University
Daniela CrudeliICS di via Maniago Milano
KEIKO NAKAOOtsuma Women's University junior college division
Racheal RajahSpecial Ed
Carole GelferMonmouth University
Sheridan ForsterRoyal Melbourne Institute of Technology
Fred KingSUNY The State University of New York
Linda MiloskySyracuse University
Ridge Road AcademyHomeschool
- Academy of Neurological Communication Disorders and Sciences
- Academy of Rehabilitative Audiology
- Alzheimer's Association
- American Academy of Audiology
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Brain & Behavior Research Foundation
- Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Dysphagia Research Society
- International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- International Phonetics Association
- Educational Audiology Association
- International Society for Autism Research
- International Stuttering Association
- Multilingual Children's Association
- National Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders: Directory of Organizations by Subject
- Society for Research in Child Development
- The Voice Foundation
Journals & Publications
- ASHA Journal Publications
- Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal
- Journal of Speech Pathology & Therapy
- Reading and Writing
- Ear and Hearing
- Brain and Language
- International Journal of Audiology
- Journal of Phonetics
- Journal of the American Academy of Audiology
- AAC: Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Topics in Language Disorders
- Annals of Dyslexia
- Trends in Hearing
- Language and Speech
- Journal of Fluency Disorders
- Journal of Voice
- Child Language Teaching and Therapy
- Journal of Communication Disorders
- Hearing Journal
- Seminars in Hearing
- Communication Disorders Quarterly
- Canadian Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Hearing, Balance, and Communication
Communication Sciences & Disorders on the Web
Low vitamin D linked to autism behaviours
Mar 20, 2018 02:00 PM PDT
Study finds elevated risk of hearing loss in certain agriculture, forestry and fishing subsectors
Mar 20, 2018 01:15 PM PDT
Small molecules shield mice against hearing loss
Mar 20, 2018 01:03 PM PDT
Clients with big challenges, but even bigger planning needs
Mar 20, 2018 12:41 PM PDT
Long Island teen with autism again missing, this time as nor'easter looms
Mar 20, 2018 11:56 AM PDT
Role of specific gene in 16p11.2 deletion autism
Mar 20, 2018 11:45 AM PDT
Praise may motivate young adults with autism to exercise more
Mar 20, 2018 11:33 AM PDT
Lidl to introduce 'Autism Aware' quiet evenings in all Irish stores
Mar 20, 2018 11:00 AM PDT
Lidl Ireland to hold weekly autism friendly evenings across all stores starting April
Mar 20, 2018 10:48 AM PDT
Long Island teen with autism missing as nor'easter looms
Mar 20, 2018 10:26 AM PDT
Norfolk Botanical Garden offers LanternAsia American Sign Language walking tour
Mar 20, 2018 09:41 AM PDT
Mom's Pre-Pregnancy Waist Size Tied to Autism Risk
Mar 20, 2018 09:30 AM PDT
Police officer saved colleague from axe attack by using sign language
Mar 20, 2018 09:01 AM PDT
Mom's Pre-Pregnancy Waist Size Tied to Autism Risk
Mar 20, 2018 08:56 AM PDT
Communication on Twitter
- GPS device helps some adults with autism have more independence. Read more: bit.ly/2GaTqUA #LightItUpBlue10 minutes ago | autismspeaks
- "What started out as a fun hobby evolved into one of my greatest passions, and one that became extremely therapeuti… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…56 minutes ago | autismspeaks
- "5 things that make me brave as a man with autism." Read more: bit.ly/2DHRQUG #LightItUpBlue1 hour ago | autismspeaks
- Top speech language pathology @rightrelevance Twitter influencers (bit.ly/2jFEMWI) to follow rightrelevance.com/search/influen…1 hour ago | SpeechLangRR
- New movie coming about adults with #autism falling in love! #slpeeps #slp2b @ktcfilm on.asha.org/2DHs9no1 hour ago | ASHAWeb
- Advice from the experts: Autism and conversation skills: "How do we teach our son to listen?" bit.ly/2sEegpS1 hour ago | autismspeaks
- RT @BrandonSawalich: @nmacklin @WhotelDC @acialliance @AGBellAssoc @HLAA Thank you all for attending. I enjoyed our discussion and the poss…2 hours ago | HLAA
- Great personal account from inspiring Broadway actor Jeremy Hays playbill.com/article/how-i-…3 hours ago | stutteringfdn
- Grocery store chain in Ireland, Lidl to hold 'Autism Aware Quiet Evenings' in their stores starting in April. Read… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…3 hours ago | autismspeaks
- Why you should tune into the 4/11 webinar on “Improving Communication Outcomes for Children With Hearing Aids?” Wat… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…4 hours ago | ASHAWeb