Health Sciences Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Health Sciences Portal, an educational resource for health professionals. You are invited to join MERLOT―it's free―and contribute to this growing community of health professionals, health professional educators, and students by using the learning materials, submitting your own modules and assignments for evaluation, and learning ideas to help you learn as well as teach in a variety of settings.
If you have any questions, contact the Editor of the Health Sciences Editorial Board,
Liza Mayeux at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This overview and information is for health care professionals and students to understand and value the upcoming technology and medical advances related to genomics. It can be used in the classroom as a Powerpoint Presentation or assigned to students or health care staff for self-study.
Advanced neuroimaging methods for studying autism disorder
Autism spectrum disorders (ASD) are a category of pervasive developmental disorders (PDD) that affect 1 in 150 children,...
Adult neurogenesis twenty years later: physiological function versus brain repair
Two decades of huge investigation in adult neurogenesis (AN) provided us with an utterly new vision of brain plasticity,...
The adrenergic system in cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiology
Cardiovascular diseases pose an enormous clinical challenge, remaining the most common cause of death in the world....
Adrenal cortex: from physiology to disease
The adrenal gland plays essential roles in the control of body homeostasis, stress and immune responses. The adrenal...
Adolescent Pregnancy: Past, Present and Future Trends and Issues
This collection provides a forum for leading scholars to examine theoretical insights and empirical findings associated...
Adaptive Function and Brain Evolution
The brain of each animal shows specific traits that reflect its phylogenetic history and its particular lifestyle....
The Acute-Care Nurse Practitioner: A Transformational Journey
The Acute-Care Nurse Practitioner is based on in-depth interviews with twenty-six nurse practitioners working in...
Acupuncture – Basic Research and Clinical Application
This book focuses on the investigation, development, and modernization of acupuncture in basic research settings as well...
Active Touch Sensing
This Research Topic is cross-listed in Frontiers in Neurorobotics Active touch can be described as the control of the...
Active Aging and Disease Management
The world’s population is aging: virtually every country in the world is experiencing growth in the number and proportion...
ACTH action in the adrenal Cortex: From molecular biology to pathophysiology
By stimulating adrenal corticosteroid synthesis, the adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) plays a pivotal role in...
Lloyd Lester’s Ejaculation By Command Review
Ejaculation By Command is a book that contains helpful advice and techniques for men who are experiencing an embarrassing...
Jenny Bolton’s Boost Your Bust Review
Boost Your Bust is a unique 12-month system designed for all the ladies who are looking to increase their cup size...
The New Normal: Men in Nursing
Historically, men were the majority in physician positions, and women were the majority in nursing positions. Recently,...
Second stage of labour - Intrapartum Care
Definitions of the stages of labour need to be clear in order to ensure that women and the staff providing their care...
Jen Ferruggia’s Bikini Body Workouts Review
Bikini Body Workouts is an online system designed to get you in shape in as little as 60 days. I know, you’ve heard it...
Alby Gonzalez’s Isometrics Mass Review
Isometrics Mass teaches you safe, effective isometric techniques that explode your muscle and strength gains. It’s an...
Principles of Toxicology
Toxicology studies the injurious effects of chemical and physical agents (including energy) on living organisms, observed...
Straight A Nursing - Nursing School Blog
Nursing School Blog
Christian Goodman’s The TMJ Solution Review
The TMJ Solution is an online program designed to tackle the root cause of your pain and discomfort to provide effective...
Hepatoprotective Effect of Biofield Energy Treatment On Tert-Butyl Hydro Peroxide Induced Liver Injury in Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cell Line (HepG2)
The present study was performed to investigate the Hepatoprotective potential of the Biofield Energy (The Trivedi...
(PDF) Liz Swann Miller’s Red Tea Detox Recipe Review
Product Name: The Red Tea Detox Creator Name: Liz Swann Miller Bonus: Yes Red Tea Detox is a weight loss book with a...
In vitro Assessment of the Biofield Treated Test Item on Cardiac Function Using Rat Cardiomyocytes Cell Line (H9c2) via Multiparametric Analysis
Introduction: Heart disorders are the major concern of population health worldwide. According to WHO estimates 2018, 17.9...
BiOptimizers Gluten Guardian Review - DOES IT REALLY WORK?
Gluten Guardian is a dietary supplement that is manufactured using gluten, and it is used to rid the body of gluten. It...
Carina VelezOld Dominion University
Krista AltakerSonoma State University
Hannah BarnettEast Carolina University
Brandon MotonFlorida Agricultural and Mechanical University
Beth DavisBlackriver Technical College
Anne LoochtanMetropolitan Community/Technical College
Sarita AgarwalHIMSR Hamdard medical college
Lula HaskellColonial Healthcare
Liby Mathewfrasser health Authority
MELANIE SENECAPennsylvania State University - Schuylkill
LaFortune ScottUniversity System of Georgia - Kennesaw State University
Vivian BowmanOld Dominion University
David ReyesUniversidad Autonoma de Ciudad Juarez
Doug HamptonJohnson College
Lisa ValentineUniversity of North Carolina System
Cheryl KollathNortheast Wisconsin Technical College
Diana SchowIdaho State University
Sara StevensEast Carolina University
Materials by Discipline
- Audiology (4)
- Cancer (460)
- Cardiology (196)
- Dentistry (56)
- Dermatology (36)
- Ear, Nose, and Throat (66)
- Endocrinology (96)
- Epidemiology (87)
- Exercise Science (38)
- Gastroenterology (125)
- General (475)
- Genetics and Infectious Disease (136)
- Geriatrics (58)
- Healthcare Administration (42)
- Hematology (91)
- Internal Medicine (68)
- Medical Laboratory Technology (46)
- Mental Health (539)
- Nephrology (102)
- Neurology (324)
- Nursing Education (143)
- Nursing (818)
- Nutrition (170)
- OB and Gyn (163)
- Ophthalmology (40)
- Orthopedics (131)
- Other (269)
- Pathology (36)
- Pediatrics (143)
- Pharmacy (131)
- Preventive Medicine (25)
- Public Health (481)
- Pulmonary Medicine (49)
- Radiology (70)
- Rheumatology (6)
- Sports Medicine (27)
- Surgery (218)
- Therapeutics (34)
- Toxicology (18)
- Veterinary Medicine (30)
Journals & Publications
- The American Nurse
- Nursing Management
- The Nurse Practitioner
- JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association
- Journal of Dental Hygiene
- Journal of the American Dental Association
- Online Journal of Nursing Informatics
- Online Journal of Issues in Nursing
- American Society of Health SystemsPharmacist (ASHP)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy(ACCP)
- American Society of ConsultantPharmacists (ASCP)
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
- PLOS (Public Library of Science)
- Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism
- Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine
- European Journal of Sport Science
- International Journal of Epidemiology
- International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport
- International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism
- International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Journal of Athletic Training
- Journal of Biomechanics
- Journal of International Society of Sports Nutrition
- Journal of Physiology
- Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Journal of Sport Management
- Journal of Sport Rehabilitation
- Journal of Sports Sciences
- Journal of Applied Physiology
Health Sciences on the Web
Wild grouse becomes therapy bird for grieving husband
Jun 16, 2019 04:03 PM PDT
'This Is Therapy For Me': Philadelphia Father's Day 5K Run, Walk Helping Spread Awareness ...
Jun 16, 2019 03:41 PM PDT
Therapist Lori Gottlieb: "Therapy Is About Being Both Vulnerable and Accountable"
Jun 16, 2019 03:07 PM PDT
Redwood Community Health Coalition gets $500000 state grant to help people get medical care
Jun 16, 2019 02:56 PM PDT
Registered nurse among families who tried to help bicyclists killed in hit-and-run
Jun 16, 2019 02:33 PM PDT
School of Allied Health Professionals celebrates graduates at 2019 Commencement
Jun 16, 2019 01:48 PM PDT
Maine Senator Backs Push for Better Public Health Data
Jun 16, 2019 12:18 PM PDT
Dozer the therapy dog says goodbye
Jun 16, 2019 11:56 AM PDT
Jersey City task force slaps homeowner with violations after 'emergency public health condition ...
Jun 16, 2019 11:45 AM PDT
Post-Stroke Knitting Therapy: An Interview on How Craft Heals
Jun 16, 2019 10:26 AM PDT
Health briefs: Davis Regional reveals cutting-edge technology
Jun 16, 2019 10:15 AM PDT
Physical therapy clinic introduces new way to heal
Jun 16, 2019 08:56 AM PDT
Tick and Deer Management Advisory Group Submits Management Plan to Address Public Health ...
Jun 16, 2019 08:33 AM PDT
This hotel in Bali offers 'puppy therapy' and it only costs £19 a night to stay
Jun 16, 2019 08:23 AM PDT
Health minister sidesteps MP Don Davies' call for public health emergency on overdoses
Jun 16, 2019 08:22 AM PDT
Pet Pals TV: Therapy dogs bring patients joy at Eskenazi Hospital
Jun 16, 2019 08:11 AM PDT
WHO Surprised Many By Not Declaring Ebola A Public Health Emergency - Why?
Jun 16, 2019 08:00 AM PDT
Gene-Therapy Firm UniQure Explores Options Including Sale
Jun 16, 2019 07:48 AM PDT
Health Sciences on Twitter
- The study, which included more than 3,500 people age 13 and older, also found that taxes could have the greatest im… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 minutes ago | DentistryToday
- RT @jmatthewMD: Big news for PrEP users and physicians: jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/…. #PrEP now a #uspstf "A" rec. It should mean no more co-pay…12 minutes ago | JAMAInternalMed
- Don't forget! The Human Kinetics Journals website is re-launching this summer! Discover new and enhanced functional… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…12 minutes ago | Human_Kinetics
- Scavenging for chips may seem like an easy meal for a gull, but recent research found that the rate of energy expen… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…12 minutes ago | BioMedCentral
- We dedicated 2018 to highlight and promote nurses’ advocacy at the patient’s bedside, in our communities, statehous… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…26 minutes ago | ANANursingWorld
- RT @UMRogelCancer: .@Umich epidemiologist comments in @JAMAOnc about the rise of #ColorectalCancer in young adults: "I am perhaps uniquely…27 minutes ago | JAMAInternalMed
- RT @JAMA_current: On average, women are less likely than men to identify themselves as potential leaders and to seek opportunities to gain…27 minutes ago | JAMAInternalMed
- Since 2000, the death rate from falls in older adults has increased, according to new research in @JAMA_current. Re… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…42 minutes ago | pharmacists
- Current Issue: Evaluating the Managing Medicines for People With Dementia Website Version 2 dlvr.it/R6lkG51 hour ago | CIN_online
- RT @FIFAMedical: For those of you living in @Concacaf or wanting to visit Florida. A new course covering the entire field — highlighting cu…2 hours ago | CJSMonline