Computer Science Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the Computer Science Portal!
The aim of this portal is to provide you with useful education resources (e.g., animations, video lectures, online courses, open textbooks) for teaching/learning computer science. There are peer reviews and user ratings for your reference. Note that the resources are categorized based on the ACM/IEEE Computer Science Curricula 2013.
Please let us introduce a few popular education resources based on both peer review and user rating to you:
There are many others … Please explore the “Materials by Discipline”.
Computer networks are based on passing messages from computer to computer. This sounds simple in principle, but in practice all sorts of contention and bottlenecks can occur.This activity gives some first hand experience of such issues, with a game for a group of students.
Intro to Hadoop and MapReduce | Udacity
In this short course, learn the fundamentals of MapReduce and Apache Hadoop to start making sense of Big Data in the real...
Introduction to the Internet of Things (IoT)
About this course Skip Course Description The Internet of Things (IoT) is expanding at a rapid rate, and it is becoming...
Introduction to Linux
Never learned Linux? Want a refresh? Take this course free or get a verified certificate for $99!
Free Online Course: Introduction to Artificial Intelligence from Udacity | Class Central
Online Introduction to Artificial Intelligence is based on Stanford CS221, Introduction to Artificial Intelligence. This...
Free Online Course: How to Use Git and GitHub from Udacity | Class Central
Learn to use version control, an important tool for any developer. The course will focus on Git, a specific version...
AI4All: AI Education for Everyone
AI4All Open Learning Platform (Launching 2019) is a free, accessible, online AI curriculum meant for understanding how AI...
International Journal of Open Educational Resources
The International Journal of Open Educational Resources (IJOER) is a bi-annual, open access, double-blind peer-reviewed...
Contribute to PalomarCollege/javagui development by creating an account on GitHub.
Open Science by Design: Realizing a Vision for 21st Century Research
The 2019 National Academies report "Open Science by Design: Realizing a Vision for 21st Century Research" discusses the...
Good Digital Hygiene - A guide to staying secure in cyberspace
The explosive growth in the adoption of electronic devices by the general population (computers in various forms,...
Management of large sets of image data - Capture, Databases, Image Processing, Storage, Visualization
Digital Imaging provides the essential skills and knowledge you need to produce high quality data for your daily private...
Programming Fundamentals - A Modular Structured Approach, 2nd Edition
This book introduces fundamental computer programming concepts with a programming-language neutral approach, so that it...
Really Bad Powerpoint
Guidelines for effective use of presentations, particularly between engineering and management, including "Four...
Tutorial: Hello World with Apache Ant
This is a step by step tutorial for starting Java programming using the Apache Ant build tool. It does not contain deeper...
Citizen Science: Innovation in Open Science, Society and Policy
Citizen Science: Open Science, Society, and Policy is an excellent review of Citizen Science that brings together some of...
Machine Learning | Coursera
Machine Learning from Stanford University. Machine learning is the science of getting computers to act without being...
Android Developer Fundamentals (Version 2)
Android Developer Fundamentals (V2) is an instructor-led course created by the Google Developers Training team. In this...
UML Tutorial - Use Case, Activity, Class and Sequence Diagrams - Essential Software Modeling
This beginner's UML tutorial starts with a use-case then elaborates it into activity, class, sequence, and communication...
Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) Tutorial (Part 2 - Advanced)
Part 2 of tutorial for creating Entity Relationship Diagrams. This is more advanced and addresses Primary Keys, Foreign...
Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) Tutorial (Part 1)
Learn how to create an Entity Relationship Diagram in this tutorial. We provide a basic overview of ERDs and then gives...
How to Make a UML Sequence Diagram
In this step-by-step tutorial, we'll show you how to make a UML sequence diagram using Lucidchart. Sequence diagrams are...
Risk Management and COBIT 5
The COBIT 5 product family provides a rich suite of tools that can be leveraged to identify and improve all the proccess...
Computer System Engineering
This class covers topics on the engineering of computer software and hardware systems. Topics include techniques for...
Embedded Controllers Using C and Arduino by James M. Fiore
This text is designed to introduce and expand upon material related to the C programming language and embedded...
Brandon LongCentral Ohio Technical College
Debra JonesChicago Public Schools
sumit poiWest Bengal University of Technology
Nicholas RaySouthwest Tennessee Community College
ARON SMITHQuickBooks Support
Ross FoultzCoastal Carolina University
wilson paddyPrinter Setup Services
David Warner11877 Douglas Rd Johns Creek, GA 30005
hassan zubairpunjab university
Katherine OserCentral Texas College
Lisa AndersonIowa Western Community/Technical College
GHENI ABLAPalomar College
Debbie EhrlichUmonhon Nation High School
James BrownTexas A and M University System
Kulchitt VilaichittHome School
Frank AppunnThomas University
Arlo Customer service NumberArlo Security camera
Materials by Discipline
- Algorithms and Complexity (45)
- Architecture and Organization (22)
- Computational Science (42)
- Discrete Structures (22)
- Graphics and Visualization (11)
- Human-Computer Interaction (139)
- Information Assurance and Security (25)
- Information Management (166)
- Intelligent Systems (405)
- Networking and Communication (75)
- Operating Systems (28)
- Parallel and Distributed Computing (7)
- Platform-based Development (11)
- Programming & Programming Languages (4075)
- Social Issues and Professional Practice (16)
- Software Development (47)
- Software Engineering (48)
Computer Science on the Web
Computer Sci on Twitter
- SE-Radio Podcast on Scaling Engineering Management
The show covers how and when to hire engineering managers; how t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Reminder: We will be removing 350+ resources from the Skillsoft library on Mon. 25 Feb. We encourage you to see if… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @CT_Bergstrom: My PhD advisor told me to put a ten dollar bill between the pages of my thesis in the university library.
"So I can chec…
- RT @vgcerf: eye-popping Internet data: datareportal.com/reports/digita…
- RT @ieeesoftware: Round of applause to our illustrious reviewers everyone! @ieeesoftware salutes you! ow.ly/wgog30nKcdk
- RT @IEEEorg: Researchers are improving the sensory experience in #VirtualReality: bit.ly/2DTJj4N. #VR
- RT @Infrastructure: A recent report from IEEE @ComputerSociety shows the different trends in #EmergingTechnologies that will be adopted in…3 hours ago | ComputerSociety
- RT @IEEEPerCom: "Networked Robot Swarms—Ready or Not?" - Let us introduce #IEEE #PerCom2019 keynote speaker Kevin Fall. Visit our website…3 hours ago | ComputerSociety
- Are you worthy? Do you know someone who is? The deadline for nominations is March 30. Don't wait!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4 hours ago | ComputerSociety
- The wedding of the century: How technology and liberal arts can drive innovation in pervasive computing
Bucknell Un… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…6 hours ago | ComputerSociety