Computer Science Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the Computer Science Portal!
The aim of this portal is to provide you with useful education resources (e.g., animations, video lectures, online courses, open textbooks) for teaching/learning computer science. There are peer reviews and user ratings for your reference. Note that the resources are categorized based on the ACM/IEEE Computer Science Curricula 2013.
Please let us introduce a few popular education resources based on both peer review and user rating to you:
There are many others … Please explore the “Materials by Discipline”.
Computer networks are based on passing messages from computer to computer. This sounds simple in principle, but in practice all sorts of contention and bottlenecks can occur.This activity gives some first hand experience of such issues, with a game for a group of students.
MoMo - Moving MOOC: Science 2.0 & Open Research Methods
Starting Nov 12, 2018, in the Moving MOOC (MOMO), young scholars and early career researchers (ECR) will learn to use...
CRediT : Open Research Scholarly Outputs Assessment Tool
CRedit (Contributor Roles Taxonomy) is high-level taxonomy including 14 roles, that can be used to represent the roles...
The Open Data Barometer
The Open Data Barometer (ODB) is a global measure of how government and publishing are using Open Data for...
AfricArxiv: Open Access Preprints for African Scientists
AfricArxiv is a free, open access, interdisciplinary preprint & postprint service for dissemination, distribution, and...
The Planetary Report (Open Access)
The Planetary Report is the internationally recognized flagship magazine of The Planetary Society, featuring lively...
Adobe Photoshop for Intermediate Users
This is the second book in this series, written to help develop essential skills in using Adobe Photoshop. This book is...
Understanding XML: A Software Development Approach
XML has become an important aspect of computing. It plays a crucial role in data interchange and manipulation. Several...
Artificial Intelligence – Agents and Environments
This book is the first in a series on Artificial Intelligence. It provides an introduction to the topic with an emphasis...
Java 17: More about Java and Android Software Development
The book is about writing applications for Android and is a continuation of the previous book in this series. Among other...
SCHOLAR -CNKI学术搜索 (China Integrated Knowledge Resource Database)
Scholar-CNKI (www.cnki.net) is the largest aggregator and distribution of academic digital resources in China. CNKI has...
Early Terminating Bubble Sort
Simon Wong used Vyond to create this animated video on Early Terminating Bubble Sort
Computer Applications for Managers
This course is aimed at beginning to intermediate computer users. It teaches a range of computer skills from the basics...
The Missing Link: An Introduction to Web Development and Programming
Web development is an evolving amalgamation of languages that work in concert to receive, modify, and deliver information...
HTML and CSS for Beginners
This course provides students with an introduction to the core technologies used to communicate information on the Web:...
This course will introduce you to modern operating systems. We will focus on UNIX-based operating systems, though we will...
The World Wide Web (WWW) has become the primary means by which we conduct searches and perform billing...
Because we have compiler programs, software developers often take the process of compilation for granted. However, as a...
This course focuses on the fundamentals of computer algorithms, emphasizing methods useful in practice. We look into the...
Modern computer technology requires an understanding of both hardware and software, as the interaction between the two...
This course has been designed to provide you with a clear, accessible introduction to discrete mathematics. Discrete...
Elementary Data Structures
When we use programming for problem-solving purposes, data must be stored in certain forms, or Data Structures, so that...
Programming Fundamentals - A Modular Structured Approach using C++
Programming Fundamentals - A Modular Structured Approach using C++ is written by Kenneth Leroy Busbee, a faculty member...
In this course, we will learn the mechanics of editing and compiling programs in C++. We will begin with a discussion of...
Introduction to Computer Science II
This course is a continuation of CS101: Introduction to Computer Science I. It will introduce you to a number of more...
Norman VanNostrandCordova High School - Shelby Co. Schools
Lim TeingThe National University of Malaysia
Dawn KightSouthern University System - Baton Rouge
Fathi TenzakkhtiPrince Sattam Bin Abdulaziz University
Mark Stapletonalliantgroup, LP
Tonya Melvin-BryantCoastal Carolina University
Patrick WardChattanooga State Community College
Wendy FlanneryRoyal Melbourne Institute of Technology
pavan kumarK LUNIVERSITY
M SRAVAN KUMARK L UNIVERSITY
Christian BakerMichigan State University
Elvis MillsHybrid Air Vehicles Limited
carlos guzmanINACAP Universidad Tecnológica de Chile
HECTOR MARROQUINUniversidad Galileo
John ORawLetterkenny IT
Lynette ColonDobbs Ferry Middle School
Jens LechtenbörgerUniversity of Münster
sue caulfieldAustin Community College
Regina MotzRegina Motz
Materials by Discipline
- Algorithms and Complexity (44)
- Architecture and Organization (21)
- Computational Science (39)
- Discrete Structures (21)
- Graphics and Visualization (11)
- Human-Computer Interaction (137)
- Information Assurance and Security (23)
- Information Management (163)
- Intelligent Systems (402)
- Networking and Communication (73)
- Operating Systems (27)
- Parallel and Distributed Computing (7)
- Platform-based Development (11)
- Programming & Programming Languages (4066)
- Social Issues and Professional Practice (16)
- Software Development (42)
- Software Engineering (45)
Computer Science on the Web
Computer Sci on Twitter
- RT @ResearchRMIT: Major #microgrid project could cut electricity bills by up to $10K/year for #LatrobeValley businesses: https://t.co/sOish…5 hours ago | rmit_csit
- Creativity is not just thinking outside the box, it's re-designing the box. What will you create? Join us at… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…8 hours ago | codeorg
- RT @ResearchRMIT: "Carbon emissions regulation in Australia has been politicised and bureaucratised to such an extent there is now a discon…8 hours ago | rmit_csit
- Students worldwide have created 25 million projects on Code.org, and that number is growing by at le… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9 hours ago | codeorg
- RT @ThrivingFCS3s: We began coding today using the @codeorg program.
I love how students take the initiative to help each other when codin…10 hours ago | codeorg
- Dr. David E. Shaw Selected to Receive 2018 IEEE-CS Seymour Cray Computer Engineering Award
Dr. David E. Shaw of Col… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…12 hours ago | ComputerSociety
- What the #SAMR Model May Be Missing @EdSurge buff.ly/2NMYgqI https://t.co/zT9wvR01mM, photo: pic.twitter.com/zT9wvR01mM14 hours ago | MERLOTorg
- Do you get the joke? 🤣
If you didn't — UDP is an internet protocol. The protocol broadcasts information, but wheth… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…15 hours ago | codeorg
- Great thoughts filled the air at the IEEE Virtual Reality 2018 conference, held at the Stadthalle Reutlingen in Reu… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…18 hours ago | ComputerSociety
- RMIT touts #data smarts with new munch and crunch centre
#DataScience #technews #AI… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 day ago | rmit_csit