Computer Science Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the Computer Science Portal!
The aim of this portal is to provide you with useful education resources (e.g., animations, video lectures, online courses, open textbooks) for teaching/learning computer science. There are peer reviews and user ratings for your reference. Note that the resources are categorized based on the ACM/IEEE Computer Science Curricula 2013.
Please let us introduce a few popular education resources based on both peer review and user rating to you:
There are many others … Please explore the “Materials by Discipline”.
An Introduction to the Internet of Things
NOTE: This is a BookBoon publication and you have to provide your email address to access it. The book is free for...
Writing Instruction Tips For Automated Essay Graders: How To Design an Essay for a Non-human Reader
Automated essay graders, or Robo-graders as they are sometimes called, are cheaper and faster than human readers, and...
This site shows one how to use, buy and get the most out of the PC hardware and software you use to get work done. Advice...
Learn How To Code by Envato Tuts+
This site provides thousands of free tutorials and online courses to help you learn software development from mobile...
Learn X in Y Minutes: Scenic Programming Language Tours
This site provides a community-driven tour of the most common computer programming languages. Topics include: Algorithms...
Learn how to protect your personal information and devices online and on-the-go.
Staying safe online is essential in today's world. Use these Internet safety tips to keep yourself and your loved ones...
Learn Git Version Control using Interactive Browser-Based Labs (Katacoda)
Learn how to use Git version control software and enhance skills with browser-based hands-on labs that do not require any...
SVN (Apache Subversion) Tutorial
This tutorial is designed for those interested in learning the concepts of version control systems using Apache...
Practical Open Source Software Exploration (Teaching Open Source 0.1)
This textbook teaches the basic skills of open source development incrementally, through real involvement in meaningful...
Excel 2019 VBA Programming
Excel has a powerful toolbox and a lot of functionality. So why creating own applications in such an extensive computer...
Excel 2019 Model Design
In a spreadsheet program it is all about designing and building an appropriate model: what is the purpose of it, what...
Excel 2019 Advanced Options
Excel 2019 has numerous tools to help you designing your models, checking your formulas, finding solutions or creating...
Excel 2019 Basics
Calculating is one of the most widely used applications on the computer, since of course it is a calculator itself. There...
Word 2019 is a Word Processing program and is part of the Office 2019 suite of programs. You can install it on one...
PowerPoint 2019 is part of Office 2019 the latest iteration of Microsoft Office. It is part of a standalone suite of...
Outlook 2019 is part of Office 2019 the latest iteration of Microsoft Office. It is part of a stand-alone suite of...
El bit SetGID en carpetas de sistemas Linux
En este vídeo se ilustra la dificultad en el modelo de protección tradicional en sistemas UNIX/Linux de crear una carpeta...
Operaciones en carpetas y archivos NTFS relacionadas con su protección
Este vídeo ofrece un repaso de las diferentes operaciones propias de sistemas de archivos NTFS que tienen un impacto...
Interfaz de permisos NTFS en Windows Server 2012
Este vídeo ofrece una visión detallada de la interfaz de permisos básicos y avanzados en sistemas Windows Server 2012, a...
Modelo de Cámara Sintética
En este objeto de aprendizaje se identifican los parámetros necesarios para definir una cámara sintética, tanto...
Disponibilidad en sistemas distribuidos
El objetivo de este vídeo es que el alumno pueda describir qué es la disponibilidad en sistemas distibuidos
Permisos en sistemas de archivos NTFS
Este vídeo ofrece un repaso de los distintos permisos existentes en sistemas de archivos NTFS, propios de sistemas...
TRANSMISIÓN DE FLUJOS DE VÍDEO
El objetivo de este vídeo es analizar el proceso de transmisión de flujos multimedia, resaltando las principales...
Lennette BellotMinistry of education
Sharon AndrewsUniversity of Houston System - Clear Lake
Jessica YostLiberty University
James PotterJames Potter
John NinebergNew York
Kalpa Kalhara SampathSLIIT
Denise DreherExplore AI Ethics
Jeremy BoschNorwich Engineering College
Robert SchrenkCenter for Learning Management
Shanace RobinsonSouthern University - Shreveport Bossier City
Ujjal Marjitkalyani university
David ConoverJohn B. Connally High School
Robert BryantRegis University
Materials by Discipline
- Algorithms and Complexity (48)
- Architecture and Organization (25)
- Computational Science (46)
- Discrete Structures (28)
- Graphics and Visualization (13)
- Human-Computer Interaction (144)
- Information Assurance and Security (30)
- Information Management (177)
- Intelligent Systems (406)
- Networking and Communication (959)
- Operating Systems (28)
- Parallel and Distributed Computing (7)
- Platform-based Development (11)
- Programming & Programming Languages (4623)
- Social Issues and Professional Practice (18)
- Software Development (53)
- Software Engineering (56)
Computer Science on the Web
TroyHack challenges, educates students in technology
Jan 23, 2020 09:37 AM PST
SoundHound Inc. Principal Scientist Bernard Mont-Reynaud Recipient of the Silicon Valley ...
Jan 23, 2020 08:52 AM PST
Kettle Moraine High School student aces ACT with perfect score
Jan 23, 2020 07:56 AM PST
NUC approves Ph.D programme in computer science for Lead City varsity
Jan 23, 2020 07:00 AM PST
NASA Seeks Small Business for $423M Software Engineering Work
Jan 23, 2020 06:26 AM PST
Editorial: Telling ag's story
Jan 23, 2020 06:03 AM PST
Software Engineering Market is Expected to Thrive at Impressive CAGR by 2025 & Top Key ...
Jan 23, 2020 05:06 AM PST
Manager, Software Engineering (JR1006328)
Jan 23, 2020 04:48 AM PST
Girls dive into world of tech
Jan 23, 2020 04:11 AM PST
New research exposes security risk for e-scooters and riders
Jan 23, 2020 04:00 AM PST
Women in tech statistics: The hard truths of an uphill battle
Jan 23, 2020 02:52 AM PST
Alireza Farhadi awarded the 2020 Facebook Fellowship
Jan 23, 2020 02:48 AM PST
Columbus State Community College Dean's List
Jan 23, 2020 01:56 AM PST
Local students graduate from Bradley University
Jan 22, 2020 11:30 PM PST
Charleroi School District receives grant to enhance computer science program
Jan 22, 2020 09:15 PM PST
WASD awarded grants to expand computer training
Jan 22, 2020 09:03 PM PST
Computer Sci on Twitter
- RT @bizteacherlaz: Ss in Intro to Computer Science have been practing binary conversions and today played Binary Battleship using @codeorg…57 minutes ago | codeorg
- RT @TeachCode: For this CS Principles teacher, a nomination to attend a @Codeorg Professional Development workshop was all it took to get h…1 hour ago | codeorg
- Submit your paper now to @IEEEQuantumWeek 2020, which will showcase high-quality original research and ground-break… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | ComputerSociety
- RT @hankinsonschool: Our kindergarteners can code using directions such as North, and include repeat loops to make it easier for Scrat to g…2 hours ago | codeorg
- RT @MicrosoftIPC: Thanks @RepHaleyStevens for participating in the @codeorg event on Capitol Hill and for your commitment to bringing #STEM…2 hours ago | codeorg
- Submit your paper now to our new IEEE Open Journal of the Computer Society!
#ieeecs… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5 hours ago | ComputerSociety
- RMIT University offers DASA-backed #online #DevOps course
#onlinelearning #technews #TechnologyNews #training12 hours ago | rmit_csit
- RMIT designs early fault detection software. The #EFD system that predicts powerline faults, which could cause blac… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RMIT students part of Australian Uni group to successfully complete Huawei's Seeds for the Future program… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @ResearchRMIT: Congratulations to all involved in bringing this brilliant RMIT research to market as an early fault detection system for…