Well-Tempered Clavier: Module 5
Listening and reading exercise on fugue 5 (D major) of JS Bach's Well-Tempered Clavier in performance by David Korevaar on the piano. Includes online assessment.
- Listen to the D major fugue at: http://bach.nau.edu/clavier/nature/fugues/Fugue05.html.
- Read the narrative, at the end of which you'll find a link to the online assessment. The narrative is available in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
Browser Requires Adobe Flash.
- Topics: structure of subject, French manier
- Key concepts: Subject contains two motives, one of which is developed by augmentation; influence of French music; performance practice of dotted rhythms
- David Korevaar's performance notes at:
- Answer the ten questions at:
- Enter your name and instructor's email at the top of the page, then click the "Send to Instructor" button.