Well-Tempered Clavier: Module 1
Listening and reading exercise on fugue 1 (C major) of JS Bach's Well-Tempered Clavier in performance by David Korevaar on the piano. Includes online assessment.
- Listen to the C major fugue at:
- Read the narrative, at the end of which you'll find a link to the online assessment. The narrative is available in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
Browser Requires Adobe Flash.
- Topics: stretto and expositional architecture (tonal/real)
- Key concepts: Prelude and fugue thematically linked; stretto, subject, answer, false subject defined; subject accompanies itself and inherently develops in certain ways.
- David Korevaar's performance notes at: