Keiji Shinohara, a master printmaker, provides insight into the effects of embossing, color gradation, and applying...
Keiji Shinohara, Wesleyan University
Instructions: Click "Enter Site." Read the following sections: Introduction, Techniques, Philosophy, Gallery, and Keiji Shinohara. Answer the following questions:
1. What is Ukiyo-E?
2. What is the traditional design and transfer of Ukiyo-E?
3. What is the contemporary design and transfer of Ukiyo-E?
4. Describe Atemashi-Bokashi.
5. Describe Itamokume-zuri.
6. Describe Ichimonji-Bokashi.
7. Describe one-sided gradation.
8. Describe Kimenkomi.
9. Describe Kira-suri.
10. Describe Shiomevi-zuni.
11. Describe wood gradation.
12. Describe traditional printing stages.
13. Describe contemporary printing stages.
14. What is the philosophy of Ukiyo-E?
15. Who is Keiji Shinohara and what are his contributions to Ukiyo-E?
16. View the gallery and compare and contrast traditonal with contemporary images of Ukiyo-E. Which do you prefer? Explain.
To acquaint the user with both the traditonal and contemporary forms of the Japanese art known as Ukiyo-E.
A series of questions.
Search by ISBN?
It looks like you have entered an ISBN number. Would you like to search using what you have
entered as an ISBN number?
Searching for Members?
You entered an email address. Would you like to search for members? Click Yes to continue. If no, materials will be displayed first. You can refine your search with the options on the left of the results page.