Students will explore how proverbs, sayings and fables are used in Chinese and English.
Course: Chinese, year 2 or higher
Date Last Modified:
September 11, 2010
1. In small groups, students are asked to list as many English proverbs and sayings as they can on a large sheet of paper. These sheets are posted around the room so that students can take a gallery walk and see what other groups thought of.
2. Students will discuss how these are used in English.
3. Teacher prepares a short PowerPoint to introduce "cheng-yu" 成語
4. Teacher introduces key vocabulary for the cheng-yu selected.
5. Students listen to the cheng-yu story - if possible on individual computers, at their own speed, practicing learning strategies.