Battles of Lexington and Concord
This site features detailed text, maps and other images that describe the background and the events of this battle.... see more
1. What actions undertaken by General Thomas Gage led to the Battles at
Lexington and Concord?
2. What role did John Parker play in these events?
3. What led to the shots fired at Lexington Green and what role did Major
Pitcairn play in these events?
4. Why did the British advance to Concord?
5. What happened at Concord's North Bridge?
6. Describe the colonial method of military attack?
7. What role did Lord Percy play in the events at Concord?
In answering Questions 8-13, explain how each one contributed to the American
8. The French and Indian War?
9. The British Coercive Acts?
10. The Boston Tea Party?
11. The Boston Massacre?
12. The British Infantry move to Salem?
13. The Provincial Congress at Salem?
Click Preliminary Study Phase Package. Answer Questions 14-17.
14. Compare and contrast British and American objectives at Lexington and
15. Compare troop strengths for both sides.
16. Compare and contrast the military actions taken by both sides.
17. What were the outcomes for the British and the Americans at both Lexington
Click Field Study Phase Package. Answer Questions 18-20.
18. Describe the terrain at Lexington and Concord.
19. What positions did each side take at Lexington and Concord. (Suggestion:
click on Map of the Battle at Lexington and Concord.)
20. What military projections can be made about future British-American
conflicts after Lexington and Concord was won by the Colonials?