Introduction to the Planets and Solar System
Each group will choose a topic to research: a planet, comets, asteroids, Sun, or
Task of each group memeber:
1. Describe and explain the geologic features found.
2. Describe and explain the atmospheric conditions.
3. Can life be supported? Why or why not?
1. Location of the object in the Solar System.
2. Describe the rate of revolution; rate of rotation; surface temperature;
orbital shape; number of satellites; mass; composition.
3. Explain the significance of your discovery.
C) Statistical Analyst:
1. Create data tables and/or graphs of the information you obtain.
2. Explain your results to your politician.
3. What additional information should you consider?
1. Should you fund additional research? Explain, why or why not?
2. Discuss the funding of this project.