A web log featuring a variety of contests, games, and activities designed to review and reinforce social studies... see more
THE GOOD NEWSAND THE BAD NEWS
Suppose that, in addition to all the other evils of their society, the people of
Judah had added television. Put together a television news show or documentary
that features the prophet Isaiah and/or his teaching.
Focus on both the good news and bad news in Isaiahs message. You may include
news, sports, weather, commercials, interviews, etc.
· Has to criticize peoples religious ceremonies (1:11-15). God hates their
· Sees mistreatment of poor (1:16-18)--has to tell people what true religion is!
Wed much rather have the ceremonies!
· Sees justice turned to injustice (end of Chapter 1)
· Message supposed to be for all nations, not just Jews (2:1-3)
· Contrast between material prosperity and religious harlotry (2:7-8)
· Children are their oppressors and women rule over them (3:12)
· Ingratitude (Chapter 5--my beloveds vineyard)
· Woe to those that call evil good, and good evil
· Vision itself (Chapter 6) Woe is me, I am a man of unclean lips. And note--he
is told people wont listen--that their hearts are going to be hard.
· Isaiah 40 (Comfort ye my people/vs. 31, They that wait upon the Lord).
· Isaiah 42 (Behold my servant...bring forth judgment to gentiles).
· Isaiah 45 (Cyrus, God's anointed)
· Isaiah 51: 11 "Therefore the redeemed..."
· Isaiah 52:15 God's servant marred...
· Isaiah 53: suffering servant
· Isaiah 55: Ho every one that thirsteth..
· Isaiah 59: 15, no intercessor: so Lord himself intervenes
· Isaiah 60: Arise, shine for the light is come..."
· Isaiah 61: "Spirit of the Lord is upon me..."
· Isaiah 65:17/66:22-24 "New heavens and new earth."