This tool enables students to attempt their own routing plans for a given sales territory on a map. The student prints the map and then tries to determine what the routing plan would be, using the ray sweep technique. The student can then access the answer and compare his/her answer with the correct one. If the student does not understand the solution, an animated version of the exercise can be accessed.
Course: Sales Management
Date Last Modified:
December 01, 2000
Students should access the website and read the exercise on Allied Standard Brands. Then:
1. Print the map.
2. Use a pen to draw the wedges in the territory, using the ray sweep technique.
3. Click the button that says Answer.
4. Compare your answer with the one illustrated.
5. Click on Click Here to determine how this exercise can be done.
6. Now draw the daily travel route within each wedge on your printed map, assuming she visits five stores per day and travels the same distance each day.
7. Click Answer to see how your answer compares with the correct one. 8. For a further explanation, click on Click Here. 7.
No categories defined for this Learning Exercise
No audiences defined for this Learning Exercise
Sales Management; Sales Territory Routing
Students should be familiar with territory routing techniques.
1. To learn how salespeople determine travel schedules through-out a given territory.
For animation, student needs a browser that can display animated gifs.