Using the Buggy Palace to Practice Forecasting Skills
Students should follow the instructions given on the webpage.
1. First, print the form, so answers can be written on it.
2. Click on "Here" in the upper right corner to start.
3. Enter your first and last name (this then becomes the name of the "Buggy Company").
4. The exercise appears on the right side.
5. You will need to enter a student ID number (but any can be used).
6. Several statements will pop up and you will click on them.
7. You are first asked to Forecast the 1998 naive forecast and enter the information where the question marks are in the formula.
8. You will then be told whether this is correct or not.
9. If your answer is correct, record it on the form you printed.
10. Continue through the exercise until you have completed it.