This text discusses the impact and intersection of media on everyday life in today's world. The media and culture are so much a part of our days that sometimes it is difficult to step back and appreciate and apprehend their great impact on our lives. This book explores the integration of media and culture in daily life.
Type of Material:
Textbook to support course in media and culture.
PDF reader if students wish to download; otherwise, browser to view online.
Identify Major Learning Goals:
To provide a comprehensive review and resource on media, and the impact they have on our daily lives.
Target Student Population:
Undergraduate business students
Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- The text is very comprehensive and provides a great number of scholarly and popular press citations.
- It appears to provide very complete coverage of the subject at a level appropriate for undergraduate college students.
- The material is clear and concise.
- Illustrations and images are of excellent quality.
The text is best used within the context of a course with independently-written assignments and exams.
Potential Effectiveness as a Teaching Tool
- Each major section begins with learning objectives and ends with key takeaways and exercises.
- Each chapter additionally ends with review questions.
- Easy to use--either online or as pdf that is downloaded.
- There is not a lot of interactivity, and given the subject of media, links to audio and/or videos would be a nice enhancement.
- The historical perspective, while excellent, may be a bit dated from current students' perspectives.
Ease of Use for Both Students and Faculty
- The text is easy to use and offers flexibility.
- The user can simply click on chapter or section hyperlinks, download a pdf for individual chapters, or download a pdf of the entire book.
- Content is of high quality.
- The text is an online version of a printed textbook. It includes some visual information, though not a great number.
- The text does include a few links to websites or articles, though of course those can get stale. - - There is not built-in engagement material or exercises.
- Students would need to download and print the pdf version if they wish to take notes, as it is not an interactive text.
Search by ISBN?
It looks like you have entered an ISBN number. Would you like to search using what you have
entered as an ISBN number?
Searching for Members?
You entered an email address. Would you like to search for members? Click Yes to continue. If no, materials will be displayed first. You can refine your search with the options on the left of the results page.