“Basic Neural Processes Tutorials”
Basic Neural Processes Tutorials
Jun 14, 2003
- That author states that the site will contain ?..a collection of tutorials on
basic neural functions. Such tutorials should be appropriate for courses in
biopsychology, introduction, and even sensation and perception.? The site
offers brief tutorials on neuronal structure and function (including an overview
of the action potential), as well as information on brain structure and
- Type of Material:
- Animations, brain sections, and quizzes. <br />
- Recommended Uses:
- An instructor might refer students to the site for further explanation of the
topics addressed. The site would be of use to any instructor teaching about
neuronal function and the brain.
- Technical Requirements:
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- This site provides students with exposure to concepts and then an opportunity to
self-test the knowledge gained. It also offers visual representations where
appropriate to aid in student learning. It allows the student to see what they
are learning, as opposed to simply reading information.
- Target Student Population:
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- None, although the site would be most useful to those who have already been
exposed to the concepts introduced.
- The animations and quizzes are excellent.
- Links to additional information and review sites would be useful.
- The site would useful to anyone teaching the subjects covered.
- Additional information might be needed to clarify much of what is covered.
- Easy to use.
- Other Issues and Comments:
- This is a site that should be used by anyone teaching about action potentials
and the brain. It offers useful materials for both topics.
- Creative Commons: