“Entrepreneurship Classroom Activities”
Entrepreneurship Classroom Activities
Sep 16, 2003
- This website contains 13 classroom activities pertaining to entrepreneurship,
marketing, and finance. Each section introduces a topic, discusses it, and
provides a series of questions and activities to reinforce learning.
- Type of Material:
- Recommended Uses:
- Most sections support individual and team classroom assignments. The ?BUSINESS
START-UP SIMULATION? provides a lengthier team assignment that requires students
to put together a sample business plan.
- Technical Requirements:
- Any browser can be used to access the website, though FLASH capability helps on
some of the supporting websites.
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- To foster entrepreneurship and develop some of the skills necessary to function
as a small business owner.
- Target Student Population:
- Geared mainly for college entrepreneurial classes, but several sections focus on
primary education brainstorming activities. Some sections are also appropriate
for marketing promotions or microeconomics courses.
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- Most sections are introductory and focus primarily on idea generation.
Prerequisite knowledge in supporting business fields is not necessary as basic
overviews of marketing, finance, accounting, and management are provided.
- Overall, the site is well grounded in current entrepreneurial practices and
gives multiple levels of users a broad introduction to the innovation process.
Every section provides publication source information. The topics can be
applied across multiple disciplines or pulled together into one entrepreneurial
- The ?JUST WHAT IS PROFIT?? section provides only a sole-proprietorship situation
and includes several questionable decisions that should not affect profit.
- The site provides an excellent progression through each topic (introduction,
basic information, and reinforcement exercises). The activities support the
topics and can be used at multiple academic/professional levels.
- The site has a simple, attractive, functional design that can be accessed by any
Internet user. The activities can be understood by multiple user levels and
tailored in length and difficulty to more advanced users.
- Creative Commons: