“Human Brain Anatomy”
Human Brain Anatomy
Mar 12, 2005
- Originating from the department of Paychology at the University of Alberta,
Human Brain Anatomy is an interactive tutorial designed to assist students in
learning about the structures of the brain as viewed from a midsagittal section.
Several key internal brain structures are identified and their respective
locations are displayed, followed by a general description of the function of
each structure. Several optional interactive quizes are also available at
selected points throughout the tutorial.
- Type of Material:
- Graphics, text, some animation, and quizzes.
- Recommended Uses:
- This tutorial is a very good study guide for students and individuals who want
to learn about the structures od the brain visible from a midsagittal section.
- Technical Requirements:
- A current browser is necessary. If not already available, Macromedia Flash
Player and Authorware web Player must be downloaded.
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- The primary goal of this study guide is to help students understand the internal
anatomy of the human brain.
- Target Student Population:
- The tutorial targets undergraduate college students.
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- Some prior exposure to basic human anatomy would be helpful.
- As an overall introduction to the internal structures of the brain, this
tutorial's content is excellent. The descriptions are thorough but not
- This online study guide is highly effective as a teaching tool. The tutorial's
graphics are excellent and invite further inquiry, while the interactive quizzes
provide the opportunity for regular assessment of student progress throughout
the study module.
- The approach of disassembling and reassembling the internal structures of the
brain is a useful strategy for aiding students in understanding where structures
are located. Navigation throughout the site follows a logical
progression of steps. Yet, when necessary, individual focus can be placed on
specific topics simply by clicking on those particular items listed in the table
- The site is not 508 compliant and no alternative is provided.
- Creative Commons: