Dec 15, 2005
- This website is great for doing exactly what the title states Exploring
English. The site addresses every aspect of the English language including the
parts of speech, sentences, style guidelines, usage, punctuation, spelling, and
offers even more information concerning the English language. After engaging
these modules, the learner will have a firmer and more concrete understanding of
the English language. This site uses the English language exclusively, but
offers translation options for several different languages. Where it offers a
great deal of information on the English language, it does not offer quizzes or
other material that could be scored.
- Type of Material:
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- Reference and resource for teachers and learners of ESL/EFL
- Target Student Population:
- Mid-beginning to advanced ESL/EFL
- The purpose of this website is clearly stated and it supplies a great deal of
useful information regarding the English language. The website is set up in an
appropriate format and it is very organized, so the viewer/learner will have no
trouble navigating from each part of the site. The content directly relates to
the media employed and provides translations seamlessly. The links relate to the
purpose of the site for the most part and provide the learner with the ability
to access to even more valuable material.
- The way the material is presented facilitates teacher and the student use. The
site's materials can be used in a variety of ways and can be integrated into a
direct language/culture learning activities. The goals of the teacher and
learner are very easy to identify and it is very easy for the instructor to
develop good learning assignments based on the material that the site offers.
- The general layout of the website is consistent and is also visually distinct at
the same time. This site provides useful information on the English language in
an attractive way.
- Creative Commons: