Jun 29, 2006
- Double Entries is a free international newswire that requires a regular e-mail subscription. Breaking news from the accounting profession is reported. In
addition, the newsletter provides information on accounting journals articles, textbook reviews, jobs, and current events.
- Type of Material:
- Reference Material Website.
- Recommended Uses:
- Library, news, and career material can be incorporated into classroom use in
form of homework assignments, research projects, and lecture.
- Technical Requirements:
- Internet Access and a browser
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- To provide Accounting educators with current worldwide accounting news that can be incorporated into their classes. Links at the
home site are provided to news, book reviews, jobs, journals, and events.
- Target Student Population:
- College/graduate students/professionals
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- The editors provide comprehensive information concerning accounting news, careers, and journal articles. Content is clear, concise, relevant, and accurate. The site is a free on-line service to help users stay abreast of current developments to enhance accounting education.
- Selected Accounting journal articles were not fully available to view.
- For U.S. use, the site isn't as complete as one might desire in terms of current developments.
- Double Entries is an excellent international resource. Its effectiveness as a teaching tool is dependent on how an instructor might wish to integrate its use. Teachers and students will learn a lot about current accounting news, careers,
and topics in a relatively short time. If students subscribe to this newsletter, they will see how accounting is an
international, dynamic field of study and practice, requiring professionals to
stay abreast of current issues and developments. The site does provide search tools to
research concepts and issues.
- None, typical teaching effectiveness criteria are not applicable.
- The newsletter arrives by e-mail weekly. The home website is readily
available, user friendly, and visually appealing. Design quality is very good.
- Journal Search needs option to fully view articles.
- Creative Commons: