“The Global Marketplace”
The Global Marketplace
Jan 3, 2008
- This module is an overview of several marketing concepts such as: marketing basics, consumer behavior, international business etc. along with quizzes and links. This is useful for individuals interested in understanding marketing concepts. The examples are timely and the information is very informative.
- Type of Material:
- Recommended Uses:
- In class, homework, presentations, lectures and group projects. The material could be used in portions of the lecture in Principles of Marketing; Consumer Behavior; International Marketing; Marketing Research; Internet Marketing; Marketing Management or any marketing related course
- Technical Requirements:
- No special requirments
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- To familiarize undergraduate students with the marketing process, with a focus on international marketing.
- Target Student Population:
- Undergraduate business majors
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- Thorough, easy to follow, basic but not boring. Good current examples.
- The pictures at the beginning of the module take a long time to download. Strolling is extremely long it should be broken up into smaller segments.
- Excellent! Students will especially enjoy the examples on China (I've just been there). Since so many countries are in the news, this material will be popular. The module reinforces and builds on prior concepts. It also demonstrates relationships between concepts and real life examples. You can learn a lot about marketing from this module.
- Easy to use and it has very clear instructions.
- Could break up the information into group work which could provide an action learning component to the learning experience.
- Other Issues and Comments:
- I highly recommend this to individuals who have a hard time understanding the relevance of marketing or its concepts. The author uses a plain and simple way in explaining marketing without putting one to sleep.
- Creative Commons: