“Marketing Environment Unit for Introductory Marketing”
Marketing Environment Unit for Introductory Marketing
Jun 12, 2007
- The module includes material relevant to the marketing environment, including text, discussion questions, and exercises.
- Type of Material:
- tutorial; drill and practice
- Recommended Uses:
- This material might be best used as required reading and/or a homework assignment (via discussion questions/exercises).
- Technical Requirements:
- none other than Internet access
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- To introduce students to the concept of the marketing micro and macro environments.
- Target Student Population:
- Principles of Marketing Class
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- Coverage of the topic is thorough; discussion questions and exercises reiterate key concepts. The content is very readable and easy to understand. She simplifies what a textbook can offer. Some of the exercises/marketing plan hints will be useful to some students.
- The module is simple and most likely duplicates information provided by any Marketing Principles textbook. It repeats much of what is in the textbook (although some of her examples are quite good). Some of the discussion is too short/concise. To complete many of the exercises a student needs to be working on a marketing plan/product category or a teacher could workshop an example in-class or out.
- If used it can allow a student to really think/apply about how the micro and macro environment impacts a product category. Good examples are provided; this should help students learn and retain knowledge of key concepts.
- The text is limiting - while some of the examples/exercises are good an instructor should still stress the traditional textbook overview. Little interaction is provided; "waving hands" are somewhat distracting.
- The site is quick to load and easy to use. Links at the beginning of the tutorial take you quickly to later sections.
- Other Issues and Comments:
- Overall I would recommend this site for material to supplement any discussion of the marketing environment in a introductory marketing course.
- Creative Commons: