“OSI Model Quiz”
OSI Model Quiz
Jan 19, 2005
- The OSI Model is reviewed using a quiz based format (an interactive quiz of the
characteristics of the OSI 7-layer model).
- Type of Material:
- Web-based online quiz (this is an interactive quiz).<br />
- Recommended Uses:
- This material could be used either in class as a review of the OSI model, or as
independent study to allow students to quiz themselves on the model.
- Technical Requirements:
- This is an html Web site, so all that is needed is a Web browser.
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- Review the 7 layers of the OSI model by identifying the functions of each layer
of the OSI model.
- Target Student Population:
- The quiz would be appropriate for college-level students or network technology
trainees who have had an introductory network course or other course that
describes the functions of the layers of the OSI model.
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- The students must have already studied the OSI model to do well on the quiz.
- The quiz is well organized and the content is appropriate. It covers the major
aspects of the OSI model.
- This is a good way for self-evaluation, allowing the students to quiz themselves
on how well they have mastered the OSI model.
- A few of the correct answers give additional information about the particular
layer that is the correct answers. More of these additional paragraphs would be
- Very easy to use. No prior training would be needed. The use of radio buttons
enables one to easily choose the answer.
- Creative Commons: