“Games & Activities for the ESL/EFL Classroom”
Games & Activities for the ESL/EFL Classroom
May 13, 2008
- Games & Activities for the ESL/EFL Classroom is a site where English teachers share games and activities that they had found useful in the classroom. The site collected 132 useful activities between 1998 to 2005. Some activities are very short, others are very long and informative. Two ways to look for the information that is needed are by order of submission and by alphabetical order. When viewing each activity, teachers can find the level of difficulty of each activity.
- Type of Material:
- Activities available on each resource are written information, quizzes, and external links.
- Recommended Uses:
- EFL/ESL teachers
- Technical Requirements:
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- ESL/EFL teachers who are looking for new ideas for their teaching.
- Target Student Population:
- EFL/ESL students from beginning to advanced proficiency level
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- In order to make use of the site, ESL/EFL teachers should have experience teaching English.
- The site has a clear purpose. It contains games and activities by English teachers. Besides activities, some English teachers share their experiences teaching, the use of that activity, aims of that activity, and lesson plans. The site also has links to other pages on the same site. It is easy to link back from those pages to the site.
- The site is a very good resource for ESL/EFL teachers who are looking for teaching materials. There is a level of difficulty specified for each activity. EFL/ESL teachers can apply or adapt activities directly in their classes. Some activities provide very informative data, while others are brief.
- Because there are more than one hundred games and activities, it would be good if the authors showed each topic of the activity together with the language skill areas and its short description.
- The site is easy to navigate because the homepage provides useful information for viewers. Its background color, topics, visited link color, and texts make the site readable.
- It would be very nice if the authors could add another way of viewing the games and activities (i.e. sort by levels of difficulty).
- Other Issues and Comments:
- Creative Commons: