“Oral Communication Skills”
Oral Communication Skills
Jun 25, 2009
- The material is targeted for teachers and students who would like to obtain information and insight into communication skills that encompass tips and information for seminars and/or presentations. There are various links contained on the home page that provide information for research, news & events, and a link to learning areas. The learning areas have a drop down menu which include group work, interpersonal skills, and various other areas of interest with a focus on communication and learning. There are areas that can be accessed for students and instructors to review articles as well as case studies.
- Type of Material:
- Reference Material
- Recommended Uses:
- Lecture, group work
- Technical Requirements:
- Basic browser access through your computer with standard requirements.
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- The purpose of this site is to provide material and education for students and teachers to improve their communication, writing, and research.
- Target Student Population:
- College Level
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- This site has a wealth of information that applies to various communication skills. The material is fairly current and well organized.The information provides organized material through the tabs on the site. The material is informative and relevant for instructors and students to aid in their understanding of effective communication.
- More academic references could enhance the site.
- The information reinforces the concepts in a positive way and provides clear concepts on how to build on the information that is provided including how to manage time effectively to be productive as well.
- This site could benefit from some generic assignments.
- The information is clear and engaging with organized tabs to direct the individual to the appropriate materials.
- Some of the links may be confusing.
- Creative Commons: