“Learning Styles - Left or right brain dominance”
Learning Styles - Left or right brain dominance
May 23, 2011
- This site provides an animation of left, right, cerebral and limbic modes of the brain; a hemisphere dominance tutorial with test; a left right brain test with answer key; and a learning styles resource consisting of The Paragon Learning Style Inventory (PLSI) survey.
- Type of Material:
- Animation, quiz/test, reference material, workshop and training material.
- Recommended Uses:
- Can be used as a self-paced individual assignment, group lesson, or in-class session.
- Technical Requirements:
- Any Web Browser and a computer. Tested using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9 and Firefox 4 Browsers. Adobe Flash plugin for viewing SWF format.
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- None listed or stated.
- Target Student Population:
- Undergraduate and Graduate level courses in Human Resources, Leadership, or Organizational Behavior.
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- Basic computer and Web Browser knowledge and skills.
- This site is a plethora of practical information concerning learning theory. It provides information as wells tests and surveys that can be taken by individuals and groups.
- No direction information on Learning Styles. Can be misleading
- Provides brief exams that can be used for individuals or groups to evaluate which side of our brain influences learning styles and a self-administered survey based on The Paragon Learning Style Inventory (PLSI).
- No learning objectives are explicitly stated. Site could be better organized to bolster effectiveness.
- Is an easy to use site that provides a number of tools for individual or group assessment of learning styles and behavior.
- The Right and Left Brain Inventories Button on the main page produces an invalid error message. A little difficult to browse/navigate from page-to-page and returning to the main page.
- Other Issues and Comments:
- Creative Commons: